You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

flat floor salon slide ram access

do any of you know how to access the hydraulic ram for the front hwh slide?  

any of you ever changed it?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Access to your front slide mechanisms is through the ceilings of your basement compartments 2,3 & 4 on both the left & right side.  I have not replaced a slide ram. There are two rams for the salon slide.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Tom,

Would this question possibly mean that replacing the retract solenoid did not solve the problem of the slide moving out when in the closed position?
I have that problem too.   Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

The socket end of the ram is above the right front wheel.  You can get to it with the wheel in place but it is easier with the coach at maximum height and is some times obscured by foam.  The panel is about 16 X 24.  The access panel fastened with rivets usually.  

If your floor is dropping because of a leak there is an access panel under the sofa (if you have a DS sofa) but the sofa has to come out to remove the floor panel.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

hi russ,

i replaced the solenoid last friday morning. so it has been 4 days and from what i can tell, no movement yet.

i was just thinking if one of them needed done, i wanted to preplan for it. the local CAT hydraulic ram rebuild shop happens to be only about 30 minutes from me as that is where i went to pick up and drop off my engine oil sample i had done a week or so ago.

when i converted the rear office to my bedroom on mine, i replaced part of the slide floor (it is a flat floor slide in the bedroom, and i know many are not). and i left an access panel to get at the ram in the floor under the bed. i think there is only one ram in the rear slides.

i was most hopeful the check valve would fix it but i didnt even try when i saw that mine didnt have the check valve for each ram, but rather one for all of them.

tom

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH