You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hydraulic Pressure Gauge Failure

Please consider moving this item to the top of your to-do list!

The attached images should be pretty self explanatory.  At the center of the image of my '99 DD Series 60 is a hydraulic manifold.  It is involved with controlling the speed of the engine cooling fan.   On the back of that manifold there MAY be a pressure gauge.  Another image shows the gauge that was on the back of mine and a broken wrench.

I was aware that others had trouble with the gauge and it could leak, but when I checked mine at that time it was fine and reading correctly and I left it alone.   BIG mistake.  If ( or maybe it's when ) this gauge fails over time it can deplete your hydraulic fluid supply and you will be stuck wherever you are at that time.  I was very lucky that when mine failed I was moving the coach around and noticed the leak before any significant fluid was lost.
The gauge was difficult to remove, but I got it out and replaced it with a pipe plug.

My suggestion is, if you still have the gauge replace it with a plug now.   Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(05-19-2015, 10:56 AM)RussWhite Wrote:  Please consider moving this item to the top of your to-do list!

The attached images should be pretty self explanatory.  At the center of the image of my '99 DD Series 60 is a hydraulic manifold.  It is involved with controlling the speed of the engine cooling fan.   On the back of that manifold there MAY be a pressure gauge.  Another image shows the gauge that was on the back of mine and a broken wrench.

I was aware that others had trouble with the gauge and it could leak, but when I checked mine at that time it was fine and reading correctly and I left it alone.   BIG mistake.  If ( or maybe it's when ) this gauge fails over time it can deplete your hydraulic fluid supply and you will be stuck wherever you are at that time.  I was very lucky that when mine failed I was moving the coach around and noticed the leak before any significant fluid was lost.
The gauge was difficult to remove, but I got it out and replaced it with a pipe plug.

My suggestion is, if you still have the gauge replace it with a plug now.   Russ

Had the same thing happen to mine russ, was able to see the leak before leaving, blew the glass out of the gage, plugged it 2 years ago.

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

same thing happened to me. i was at the DMV getting emissions checked right after i first got the coach and it started spewing all over the place. i did the same thing. put a plug in it.

where it was located you could never look at it anyway

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH