You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

kwikee step not going up

the challenge steve is the mount is made around the exact footprint of this switch.

i am still going to see if i can source it from europe.

it is an unusual size

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am confident that you will find a suitable part.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

i just contacted arrow electronics in germany to see if they can get me some. if i find them and they are relatively cheap, i will buy 10 or so.

tom

I would buy a spare if you do

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

yea, if i find them i will find out how many of you want spares. i assume it is the same mechanism for many years.

tom

update. my temporary fix started to falter. that microswitch that was bad started to act up. it must have a loose contact inside it.

i spent about a month trying to source the switches from europe. i was able to find a close sub, but it was more expensive by the time you shipped it than from bode.

so since i was getting to leave on our 5 week trip, i started to order two microswitches from bode for $111 each plus 30 dollars shipping. 250 bucks for 2 five dollar microswitches, but no choice.

after trying to order it online from them, i called them directly to see if i could get the shpping cheaper since they were so small. the nice lady at bode asked me the part numbers after i said that they were 111 dollars each. she said that was an error and they were only 25 dollars each. i never thought i would be happy to get charged 25 dollars for a 5 dollar microswitch. 70 bucks including shipping. newell i am guessing is basing their price on the web price from bode.

i replaced both switches and the door has been perfect this entire trip so far.

tom