You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1968 Newell Purchase

(05-22-2015, 09:44 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  The standard engine in 1967 was a 330 Ford with options of a 391 Ford, 401  Ford, 460 Lincoln or a 534 Ford.  Any idea which engine your originally had?  Do you know which transmission is in it and if it is the original?

If you could provide me the Serial Number I would appreciate it.  If you would prefer to not publish it, send me a Private Message.

I think originally it had the 391 Ford, but not positive. I'll see if I can figure it out. The transmission was changed to an Allison four speed by the previous owner when he put in the diesel engine in 1996. I don't know what it had prior to that. I'll get you the serial number too!

Ryan
1968 30' Newell
Number ??

Thanks Ryan.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Love it!

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

Welcome Ryan. We have spent the first 3 years of ownership going thru most systems and updating ours. Som planned and some not:
Rebuilt engine
Rebuilt water bay
Refloored
Tore out rotten floor
Converted to all LED lighting
Painted walls
Satellite
New TV's and radios
New or recovered furniture
Added a main awning
Updated shower and bath fixtures
New curtains and valances
And hopefully this week a new transmission so I can bring it home after marooning it in Montana for a month now.

I did all of these things with the help of all of the gentlemen on this site. So you not only unknowingly bought a classic but you also get a great deal of knowledge from these talented people.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota