You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dim Headlights and Low Voltage

Thanks Tom!

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

Just be aware, that the combination of low mount headlamp and the driver sitting way above the beam is somewhat of a unique setup compared to cars and pickups. The D. Stern method of aiming did not work well for me.

I aimed mine early one morning before daylight on a long straight driveway in an RV park. I had Rhonda stand about where I felt the light pattern should be. She was holding a white towel so i could see the pattern. I covered the other side lights with a piece of cardboard.

I double checked by starting far away and walking to the coach being very aware of blinding oncoming drivers.

It sounds hokey, but this seat of the pants method worked much better for me that the Stern method. The stern method had the lights hitting way too low on the road.

Also be aware that the aiming is totally tied into the ride height adjustment. Any change in the ride height adjustment makes a huge difference in where the light pattern falls.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

it worked for me. and on the 90-99 newells the headlights were either low or higher on the front. makes a big difference

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I'm still thinking about the sight of Richards coach at 0 dark hundred in the morning, with a lady waving a white towel standing in front of it, and Richards hitting her with high and low beams . :}

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59