You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2002 Newell 4 Slide in Knoxville

Here's another one for anyone looking for a bargain:

http://www.karnsmotor.com/2002_Newell_Cu...337422.veh

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Someone really used the genset on that puppy. 146k miles and 9517 hours on the 20kw generator. An attractive coach. Looks like is has the manual entry door rather than the Bode air door. With some TLC it could make someone a good coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

yes, it is very cool looking. rather dark inside though...too dark for me.

that has even more hours by a 1000 than my genny.

the hard thing to figure out how much use the house systems got is that even if the genny hours were low the coach could have been lived in and had equivalent hours of use than if the genny was on.

i dont think mine was plugged in very much and most of the use was done at the track with the genny running.

as with any coach that has been used, you just need to make sure things work, or that you build into the price that things need to be fixed or replaced.

i have the same dark swirled laminate in mine, just not very much of it. it is the trim/accent pieces.

though i am using the same laminate only a bit more gray for the bed and night stands.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Whoever buys it needs Tom on retainer to help fix the shower door.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Sorry to give an adverse opinion, but I do not think it is a good buy at all compared to those I have seen in the market this year, including the one I purchased. My tastes are different because I think it is dark and ugly.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I would feel I was in a cave designed by some abstract artist. I'm close to 65 and need more light then the interior on this baby. Outside looks better then inside.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

TongueOk, I'll say it " That is the ugliest coach I've ever seen. I wouldn't hitch a ride in it if they stopped to pick me up after my coach broke down!!!Tongue

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Another person went & inspected this coach. They said it couldn't be in worst shape. Major water damage & black mold. Delamination on all four slides and missing trim pieces. Two slide seals missing and the rest nonfunctional. Batteries dead & tires dated 2005. Body damage, but unspecified. Not working: 1 inverter fried, dash a/c, keyless entry, 2 bays don't open, & AquaHot. Engine oil leak & HWH system leaks. Multiple cracks in windshield. Previous owner was Tomas Scheckter and Panther Racing. The guy inspecting felt this coach was a salvage at best. He spoke with Newell who stated just the water damage as described would be around $125,000 to repair.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

thats why you always gotta go look at a coach. pictures never show the full picture.

when we were shopping 5 years ago, we started out looking at wanderlodges (i would have been happy with one of them too my wanderlodge friends).

we made an offer on a 95 BB that had a series 60 and the price was really good. only reason i made an offer without seeing it was i got the line that there were others strongly looking etc. it was a dealer in texas. i kept asking for lots of digital pictures and the salesman wouldnt take them for me as he was too busy. but, the price was amazing and i was hopeful after a long search. i hired a local respected motorhome inspector to go look at it as i had something that prevented me from going to look at it. that was money well spend.

the initial pictures the dealer had and description was the reason for my offer. looked great.

when the inspector got there, the first thing he did was call me and tell me he wouldnt charge me anything if he didnt do anything else. he said a walk around showed it was a mess. engine leaks, body damage, etc. i had hired him so i said i would pay him and to finish the job. he did a very nice job of inspecting what turned out to be a total mess of a coach. it had been smoked in, interior was really worn, things didnt work, and on and on. i had made my offer contingent on the inspection so got all my money back and the inspector fees were way less than me flying there. in my search for coaches i have had friends go inspect them in various places if they lived near the coach. you gotta have eyes on it.

i am selling my 90 coach and it is well documented online etc. i would say to anyone who ends up interested in it, to come see it. ya gotta see and drive these things before you buy them. and have a feeling for what you are getting yourself into.

i am pretty experienced at these things and my 2002 was more reconditioning than i expected. still glad i got it because it all worked out fine, but you got to understand what you are getting into.

that 2002 referred to for sale above has been for sale for quite some time.

my two cents worth

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It is truly a shame when a coach gets in this condition. Too bad whoever had it previously didn't take care of it and let it get to this condition. Sounds like it would be a major job, but maybe if someone is willing to put in the time and money and gets it much cheaper it could be a nice project. At least for someone much younger than me....
Like Tom says, ya gotta see these things in person!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337