You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#686 on Ebay at Fix It Up Price

Before we throw this bus under the bus, if the crack or damage to any cap is not extensive, it makes a lot more sense to repair it than to try to replace the whole cap in my opinion. Removing and replacing a cap would require some extensive surgery and rebonding to put the new cap in.

On the other hand fiberglass composite caps are much easier to repair with glass, resin, and gel coat than a corresponding metal panel would be. If done correctly the repair would be just as strong as the original. It would not be like smearing bondo on sheet metal and hoping it sticks long term. Proper repair with polyester resin or epoxy should be no different than the original molded part.

I have no interest in this coach, nor any personal knowledge. I don't think it should be maligned for a cosmetic repair. And Newell would have to be one of the most expensive body repair shops in the business.

A prospective buyer would naturally inspect the repair.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )
Photo 

I agree with Richard, the rear cap is more cosmetic than structural. A good repair would be as good as new. Not to be confused with SOB where their fiberglass panels are 100% structural.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

(05-30-2015, 04:02 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Asking $169,900.  Rear has a crack "in two".  "Has its fair share of cosmetic issues."  Major components in working condition.

[Image: %24_57.JPG]
Hi my name is Mark Granit,wife Stephanie and we have a 2004 Monaco Dynasty looking for a Newell 01-04 found coach 686 and then this happened.
Does anyone have the ad from e-bay on coach 686. I was on the coach and trying to negoiate a price.Then I found this site and then asked the owner if the coach had any damage or repairs and that was the end of him getting back to me.I would like to see the whole ad before I contiue on with this.If any body still can go back and pull the ad it would be great thanks

I do not have a copy of the original ebay ad which was around the end of May, 2015. I don't know if some of the 'cosmetic issues' have since been repaired, including the rear cap, or not.  The price was raised after it was relisted on 8/12/2015 to $210,000.  From the ad on RVT.com all major systems were serviced in July of 2015 including flushing the cooling systems for the engine and generator, new brakes, new shocks, new front end bushings and an alignment.  That would have been a significant expensive just to accomplish those items.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(10-21-2015, 07:22 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  I do not have a copy of the original ebay ad which was around the end of May, 2015. I don't know if some of the 'cosmetic issues' have since been repaired, including the rear cap, or not.  The price was raised after it was relisted on 8/12/2015 to $210,000.  From the ad on RVT.com all major systems were serviced in July of 2015 including flushing the cooling systems for the engine and generator, new brakes, new shocks, new front end bushings and an alignment.  That would have been a significant expensive just to accomplish those items.
Thank you for the reply.I did talk with him and he was down to 180k witch is a good price. I would just like to see th rear cap befor I proceed and head to floridia.Looks like a nice coach from what I can see.Thank you. Mark

I will send you an email with a photo of the rear cap with the crack. I am having trouble uploading it to the gallery here for some unknown reason.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

This coach is back on Ebay again. Buy It Now price of $185,000. Current bid is $165,000 Reserve Not Met.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newell-Quad-Slid...1665887396

It does have a handicap lift under the entry door (I would consider that a plus), but does NOT have the steerable tag which became standard with coach #697 (#671 and #681 also have the steerable tag).

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Hi mike thank you for the info I was just in Florida and I did see the coach it does need some help paint had some work done by what looks like macco did it and there is more to the rear area problem then is mentioned. The tile in the rear bathroom floor is cracked side to side the floor near the left side of the bed on the slide out is weak and when I look in the storage compartments the plywood was crumbling apart.The mirrors in the ceiling panels were cracked. The top of the engine ( valve cover) looked like it was hitting the top of the engine compartment .do any of these things sound like normal issues.it seems like a rough coach from what I can see. I know it is a Newell and its 2004 but I don't want to get a piece of c@#@ .Thanks Mark