You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#686 on Ebay at Fix It Up Price

didn't hear from Newell yet so I called to see how much for rear cap repair or replacement and painted + touchup front and some small spots he wasn't sour what I ment but he said around 80,000 ????????????

Confused Ron Harrington

Wow Ron, that rear cap must be a bear to replace!!!! I would have never guessed anywhere near that much.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I thing they wrong right one person on here said the front was 10,000 with paint that I can believe

Confused Ron Harrington

I heard the front cap for my series was about 12k complete 4 years ago. I actually spoke to karl blade about changing the front cap to the newer style back then , but he said it would be too costly to retrofit and they would only want to fix the existing which is what I did. Never told the cost of the new Porsche Design caps front or rear. Replacing the Buttress the entire length can run you quite a bit too.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

does 646 have auto start gen ? if not how much to make it auto also is that standard in 2005 ? when they say auto does it start when the batteries start to get low and start and stop to run the AC when it calls for it

Confused Ron Harrington

I think auto start would depend more on which inverter it has. Probably has auto start. Some are capable of doing both: start based on battery voltage and possibly also based on inside temperature.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

can I tell by the build sheet or is their a simple way to tell in or out side the coach that I could have the sell look ,also will this stop as good as EZ suspension this has a Dana and if I have the 365 upgrade does it come with bigger brakes?

Confused Ron Harrington

The 365 tire upgrade does not change the brakes. By 2004, Newells should all have all wheel ABS disc brakes regardless of the suspension.

Details of the auto start system would not be on the build sheet but it would likely list the inclusion of generator auto start.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

This coach is listed on RVT.com now at $210,000. That is a $40,000 increase and now there is no mention of an issue with the rear cap. It would be interesting to find out if the rear cap was replaced or just 'repaired' (ie bondo). I notice that the new ad has only one exterior photo with no photos of the rear of the coach.

http://www.rvt.com/Newell-Mid-Entry-4-Sl...6-UX173326

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

we need to start a gurufax!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch