You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fresh water Auto Fill valve problem ?

When clean and working properly there should not be overflow. The water should just stop when the water level reaches the auto-fill sensor.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Tom, when I turn on the autofill switch, both pumps starts along with the autofill solenoid. I can feel all three vivrating, and I wonder if the autofill solenoid should a feel like it is running. I have read that this is to keep the city water at sufficient pressure. I will try it with the pumps turned off. I have been looking for an explanation of how this system should work and it there is a different setup for being continuously hook up to city water vs just trying to fill the tank.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester, are you running the 12V AND the 120V pumps? I dont normally do that. In fact, I only run the 12V for maintenance purposes.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I had both pumps off during autofill. I see no reason to have them on when filling the tank.

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mine does fine if you don't have a pump on, if pumps o n it will not shut off

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

I will try it tomorrow with both pumps off and report results.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

You should only be running the main pump and never both at once. The aux pump is just that and should be used when the main is out of service. IMPORTANT .. Headhunter pump and Micropher toilet owners should never have the pumps turned on when hooked to City water as you are adding the city water pressure to the 65lbs the Headhunter pushes and that is often too much pressure for the valves in the toilet and can be a costly headache. Clean your "Redhat valve" diaphragm and put back the same way you found the membrane and turn your pump OFF during "Auto-Fill" as you don't need it to run throughout the fill process. The Shurflo Extreme series can push the same 65lbs that the Headhunter does.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border