You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wally Arntzen, A kind soul and Newell Owner Passed on Monday July 6th, 2015

This morning darlene and i got a call from Phyllis Arntzen to tell us that Wally died on monday while back east on a construction job.  Wally and Phyllis have been dear friends of ours for many years and have been in our home and we have traveled with them in our Newells.  He beat prostrate cancer a few years ago and was truely a survivor in many ways.  Many of you old time gurus knew Wally.  

Wally was 76.  He fulltimed in his 1988 40' Newell for many years before settling back down in his home state of minnesota.  He was the 8th member of the Gurus forum and was not one to post much, but he knew Newells inside and out.  He loved his coach, but more than anything he loved his family and people.  Wally was an army vet and one of the biggest hearted people i have ever known.  

He started a charity in 1971 called HEART, and his story is here on their web page   http://www.heartinc.org/how-it-began/

I know there are services next week, but do not know the details.  

I will send Phyllis a link to this for her to see any comments you all make and if you would like to contact her directly please send an email through the forum by looking up Wally through his user name 

Wally Arntzen

or click on this link to take you to where you can send an email

http://newellgurus.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=11

and send an email through the forum and Phyllis will get them.  

Phyllis, there is an empty spot in my heart with Wally gone.  

Our prayers are with you.  

Tom and Darlene

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Like many of you I met Wally in Austin. I second Tom's comments that Wally was understated in his commentary but he really knew his stuff. When Wally spoke, it was best to listen, because the advice was solid. He taught us a few things during that week.

He was proud of the work he had done to eliminate air leaks. He told me his compressor ran once a day, and I believed him.

We've lost a friend.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

What a shame. Wally was a good man. I well remember the trip from Tom's house to Austin for the rally back in 2009 with Wally and Phyllis. The cross-winds were so strong out of the south on I-10 outside of Tucson that the main ZipDee awning on Wally's Newell started unwinding and flapping on the top of the coach. The three coaches exited and it took all three of us to hold the awning in place in the strong winds while rolling the main awning back in so we could continue our trip.

Wally did an outstanding job of keeping his coach in excellent condition. He was a hard worker and a brilliant individual.

He will be missed. Our prayers go out to Phyllis at this difficult time.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I never met Wally, but did interact with him on the old forum.  Our prayers go out to his family for their loss.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Rest Peacefully Wally ,

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I liked how he always said "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

He will be missed.

Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Wish I had met Wally. Only had the opportunity to interact with him on the forum and he seemed to be a fine gentleman.
Rest in peace.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Rest in Peace, Wally...Our prayers are with Phyllis and family.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Never met the man but heard nothing but nice things about him. I also remember his "that's my story and I'm sticking to it" Prayers go out to his wife and family.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue