You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My ex-98 flooring changes

The new owner of my 98 sent a few pictures of the interior remodel he had done at Motorhomes of Texas.  I thought the front floor would be of interest to those of you who want to get rid of carpet.  Or at least most of the carpet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

wonder why he left carpet in front of couch?

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

The flat floor slide presents some challenges for hard surface flooring.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

does the flat floor slide rise up when retracted?

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Ernie, the section that is carpeted in front of the couch drops down and the floor the couch is attached to slides straight in riding over the carpeted area in front of the couch.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The flat floor drops down, passenger side first, then driver side. It then slides underneath the fixed floor. There are two unseen issues to deal with. The first is when the slide comes in, the edges of the couch, and dinette must clear the fixed floor. And since the flat floor tilts upward driver side first, then passenger side, it has a position where the edge that meets the fixed floor will be at an angle. The top edge of the flat floor must be recessed to the driver side by 2mm, and the fixed floor extended by 2mm to the driver side OR the flat floor will hang up when it is raising up.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks- I'd love to see this in operation. This must be pretty precise, in contrast to other slides

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge