You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

House A/C

Good news. Newell maintenance is definitely a team sport.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

That's great news, together we can make our world's really rock AND roll.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Ok , another question. One of my Dometic A/C 's runs the house air movement fan continuously and just cycles the compressor to maintain temperature. The other shuts down the inside fan as the unit cycles. Setting the fan control to auto or hi-med-low does not seem to change the operation of either unit. Is there a setting I am not aware of or is that an indication of a bad switch etc.?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

All four of my Dometic's shut the inside air handler off when the compressor cycles off. I don't have a multi-speed fan setting on my thermostat, just on and Auto.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

My 93 has all new thermostats compliments of Forest (or is it Forrest - dang, I can never remember, but he is a really good guy however it's spelled). They all can do auto or continuous and all work that way. I have nothing that tells me the logic of the circuits so I'm disabled from giving you a troubleshooting tip other than swap the one that isn't working with one that is working and see what happens, does the problem follow the thermostat or stay with the fan. Since these are fairly simple units (ain't nothin on my Newell that's truly simple) I would not be concerned that the swap will mess things up further.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

We had a new thermostat put on for our rear AC unit a few years back at Newell.  After we left we notice that the air inside was always blowing.  We had Whitey re-work the thermostat on our next trip to Newell and now it shuts down inside air when temp gets down to inside set point on the thermostat like our mid & front units work on auto.  Not at all sure how he made the changes.