You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

WINTERIZING

I also have used rainx with great results and do have some spray on so will probably use it.
Yea if water does collect in the low spots I agree.
Any problems with the by pass valve getting clogged over time? Have read about such.
Don't think the reflective thing would work because of the construction to withstand winds etc. but my actual use would be very small to what I sized the system for.
I even get good charging on cloudy days, the benefit in winter would be the snow on the ground that would add to the reflection.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Using a jumper cable across the merge solenoid and turning off "merge" will reduce power loss.

I've blown out the lines on both my 77 and 93 coach. Using lots of air until no trace of mist appears has worked for me.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I've not had problems with the bypass valve plugging. It has been years since I used one regularly. I installed one in my current Airstream but haven't had water in it yet since I am still renovating.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I like the jumper cable idea, maybe a shortened version. At one time I was thinking about adding a 00 size battery cable but no room on the threaded post so a clamp would be better.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I custom made one, short cable and clamps sized to fit in the space at the solenoid with the cabinet door closed.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed