You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

OF All PLACES......HAWAII!!

ALOHA!

IF anyone has an idea of barging their MH to Hawaii, forget it. There are no places where you have the luxuries of even the poorest RV park on the mainland. There are no 50 amps.......in fact there are NO amp services, no bath houses, no concrete parking, no water.......and I could go on, but you get the idea by now.

My domicile is here....lucky me......but I always have to put my coach in storage when I travel back here. I ship my car (toad) if I'm going to be a while, but I am anxious to always get back to my MH. After retiring, I decided to go on the road, and having driven for approximately 20 years, off and on with my brother and his family, it was time for me to get my own MH. If I was only smart enough to buy a newell in the beginning, I would not feel so burnt out trying to fix everything that could....and did.....go wrong with the 7 coaches prior to my wish to buy a Newell.

Turning my retirement to Travel Writing and Photography, and a lone female with my co-pilot dog, Thad, I went from one end of the country to the other, several times. Even went from Victoria, Canada to Montreal one time, and noticed the cleanliness and friendship found on that trip.

Now, for all the folks who are thinking of selling their beloved Newell, I am looking for an older model in the mid to high ninties, has been well taken care of, and not exhorbintly expensive. Additionally, if my luck would hold out, I need a real co-pilot who has a voice rather than a snore, and is familiar with the Newell personality. If you are available, I would like to speak with you. Fortunately, I have never had an accident, just been accosted with these niddly mechanical problems!
For any communication with me, please email me at: [email protected]. I will anxiously look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

A hui hou,
Patricia Arthur

Pat,

Welcome to the Newell forum. The vintage that you seek represents a great value in the feature per dollar market today.

We can all help to answer any specific questions you have about the brand and those years. Depending on the location of a prospective coach you may be able to get one of the gurus to inspect it with you.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Patricia....!
Take the Newell to Hawaii...? guess I'll take that agenda item off of my bucket list.......

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.