You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter setting for deep cycle golf cart batteries

Chester,

I think this is the manual.
http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Inverte...-0055).pdf

If so, it should be easy to change a few things. One, change the lo voltage cutoff for the inverter to 12.0 volts. Set the lo voltage alarm to 12.2 volts. Yeah I know that sounds a little conservative. At 12 V the batteries will be approximately 60% discharged. For optimum battery longevity, most manufacturers recommend not discharging below the 50% discharge level. So what this means in real life is when you might think you have a 1200 amp hour battery bank, you really only have 600 aHr available to use.

The 10.0 volt lo cutoff appears to be a default setting on the inverter. The inverter manufacturer sets that as protection for the inverter, not the batteries.

So to get an idea of battery bank size, you have 12 208 amp hr 6 volt batteries. That is about 1248 amp hours at 12 volts. So how about setting the battery bank size to 1200 to allow for a little degradation in battery capacity.

I still don't know where you are getting the 80 % number. Do you have a separate battery monitor? I don't see that this panel reads out battery useage.

When the charger is charging in the bulk mode, what charge amperage are you seeing?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just once I would have like to have been called something else other than "A know it all" !

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

You have been Larry, we just can't post it !!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

larry b, you are always my buddy

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH