You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newell vs. Prevost

Yep doug would be the best authority on Newell vs provost conversation

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I second what Marc said. I called Doug regarding same thing prior to upgrading from an 03 Newell to a 2013. Very helpful.

My 2003 had a Detroit S60 my 2013 has a cummins isx. I was happy with the S60 and had no problems with it, either mechanically or performance. IMHO, the behind the wheel performance between the two has not been hugely significant to me. They both have treated me well. The acceleration of the cummins is a little better but as far as going up a 8% grade for five miles, they're both slow! (I do love the sound of a DD S60!)

Our 2003 had 3 slides and our 2013 has 4 slides. What's better obviously depends on how one uses the coach. Our current coach is tight but functional with all slides pulled in for our family of four but if we had a bus load of people going to a football game, it'd be really tight until we landed and pulled slides out. Our 3 slide newell had more room when the slides were in.

We are able to move around bed with slides in. I personally recommend two slides in bedroom vs only one. We've had numerous occasions where we could only pull one slide out due to being blocked by tree, other car, rv etc. having 2 slides allows us to pull either side out in that situation.

I think the maint on a 2-3 slide newell or prevost of the same years will be essentially the same. Newells service team and accessibility (getting somebody to help you when you need it) is good.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Thanks to each and all. Your input has been very helpful...........

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

guys this is an excellent discussion I have often wondered why prevost coaches seem to bring or command more money in the used market.... I guess another ? would be how the construction of the bus shells differ such as a prevost h3 being a plastic coach vs the xlii being a stainless skinned coach and newell being aluminum other then all the end caps on the 3 being fiberglass, someone please correct me if im wrong on this inquiring minds do wanna know. One more thing to add would be roof skin and construction i have no idea the difference on the 3 i'm assuming aluminum on the 3 different coaches. Im not sure on wanderlodge coaches on what they use for construction i thought i read somewhere that they use steel exterior skin im not sure though. I would like to hear more feedback on long term ownership on how all these different coaches age over long term ownership.....

cant speak for anything other than newells. if you spend some time reading through this forum you will find newells from the seventies to new ones. i have had a 90 and it was awesome. clarke lives full time in his 84.

yes the roof is aluminum on the newells i have seen.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I believe Wanderlodge is all steel... they are heavy! Prevost uses mostly stainless steel. Newell’s are steel frame and floor. Pre-slide out Newell’s are Aluminum from floor level up except for caps. I’m not sure about slide out construction. I read somewhere that the Newell method offers a lower c/g.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.