You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Woodward Newell

I was just hanging out on Woodward watching the cruise cars (yeah I know the Dream Cruise doesn't start until Friday night but don't tell that to the thousands of cars already cruising) and along comes a very early vintage front engine Newell. It was looking good. Is this a great event or what.

If you haven't heard, the Woodward Dream Cruise is the largest one day car event in the world. 32,000 cars (and at least one Newell) and more than a million people. It takes place on Woodward Avenue just north of Detroit.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

The Woodward Ave. dream cruise is on my bucket list for sure!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Sounds like my kind of place. We're going to a show with the Newell on Saturday. It is a blast and the best way to take the kids to the car shows. We have two nice Camaros that only have been to a couple shows this year.

If it gets too warm we kick on the air and throw in a movie for the kids. They can nap if the want to while the wife and I visit under the awning. Best of both worlds. More people stop and go brought the Newell than go over the cars anyway.

Stay safe,
Roy...

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

The Newell is a big hit at car shows and especially parades with the musical horns, ooga horn and the air horn!! Theres a big car show this weekend here but the weather is supposed to be bad so were going to opt out of this one.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

I have taken my Newell to Auburn , Indiana for the Auctions America (by RM) every year for 15 years (with a few exceptions) on Labor Day weekend. There used to be a group of us who always parked together. A Prevost, a MCI, my Newell and a couple trailers etc. Most everybody has moved on to other things but I still enjoy it. The Auburn,Cord,Duesenburg club has their annual bash which pretty much takes over the town during that same time. It is "dry" camping. If anybody wants to come I will help in any way I can. I live about 40 minutes from Auburn.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.