You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH RAP1940 6 Pack Air Solenoids Rebuild Kits

(01-09-2024, 04:02 PM)I will send you an emailTomkhgeisler Wrote:  Tom, this is amazing.  I have coach #385  will this kit fit my coach?  See picture.  I have seen people mention your name and these kits but were not sure exactly what they were talking about.  How many 6 packs do I have?  3?

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(01-09-2024, 06:07 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  On your coach you likely only have one six-pack in the rear. On coaches with a separate six-pack for the rear, they are typically mounted with the drive axle six-pack directly above the tag axle six-pack. My coach (#281) has two rear six packs. The six-pack for the tag will have an adjustable pressure valve with a gauge to set the tag axle separately. I don't think any of the Series 60 powered Newells had the separate six-pack for the tag.

If your tag axle switch were to have just two position it has a separate tag axle six-pack. These only have a normal and dump position. If it is a three-position switch (increase, normal, decrease) you only have one six-pack in the rear.

Hope that helps.

Wow, that is good info.  I do have a 3 position tag axle switch on the dash.  My owners manual says I should have a pressure regulator set to 25 psi for the tag axle.  I wonder if that is a carry over from pre series 60 coaches.  Currently it is missing.  The regulator was still installed as late as 2017, I have the sales video from MOT where it was present.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

hello gurus. i just sold out of the last batch of kits. i have more on order with a 7 week lead time so i should have more in march sometime.

if you want to be on the waitlist please let me know at [email protected] i only put this here and on the foretravel forem (they buy most of them(.

for sometime i have charged 135 per kit shipped. i got a cost increase on the parts i have made so am raising my price to 140 per kit shipped on this next batch.

i am not a business and do this for grins to help folks out. these kits work on newells from the late 80s to 2003 or so with the hwh leveling system.

thanks

tom mccloud

Tom, is there a part number to buy the whole block with the solenoids? My front one is corroded and although it seems to work, I know if I mess with it later the aluminum will probably be toast.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(06-02-2023, 10:45 AM)encantotom Wrote:  tom
Tom,

I've not read the complete thread, but was wondering if these will also work on a 2003 Country Coach Magna.  It has the HWH Solenoid 6-packs using the HWH RAP1940 solenoids.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Bill B.

Very first post in the thread will answer your questions.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(01-18-2024, 01:36 PM)bill, like richard said you can get alot of info at the beginning.  that said i also sent you an emailtomVtwinWilly Wrote:  
(06-02-2023, 10:45 AM)encantotom Wrote:  tom
Tom,

I've not read the complete thread, but was wondering if these will also work on a 2003 Country Coach Magna.  It has the HWH Solenoid 6-packs using the HWH RAP1940 solenoids.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Bill B.

(01-17-2024, 04:39 PM)hi simon,i believe that newell had custom blocks made as the ones i have seen for other makes have not been the same.   i happened upon an hwh block years ago and it was very different.  if it is just the top that is corroded i wonder if having a machinest mill the top slightly to make it smooth again would work.  tomBusNit Wrote:  Tom, is there a part number to buy the whole block with the solenoids? My front one is corroded and although it seems to work, I know if I mess with it later the aluminum will probably be toast.

howdy gurus,

my supplier came in faster than forecast so i have a batch of kits in and are available. about half are spoken for so if you are interested please email me at

[email protected]

thanks

tom