You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Future problem???

Does any one else foresee a problem coming for Newell as the 2014 models are now selling for 1.8 million. Seems to me that Newell is moving toward a problem that the Prevost converters ran into and that is not enough people able to buy their coaches. Prevost prices have stabilized and even dropped. Newell's break even point seems to be around 24 coaches a year and that is where they have been for several years now. A few less sales could be very bad. I hope my impression is wrong. Just wondering if I'm the only one with these concerns.....................I owned a Country Coach when a vibrant business went into liquidation very quickly.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I think that Karl is very good at looking at the price point his clientele will support. It is certainly human nature to want to continue to add more expensive and exotic features to a product. Certainly the price is getting way out of the realm of most consumers but then they have always been a premium coach with a premium price. They are still priced lower than the Liberty and Marathon conversions.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Our 1982 36' Newell cost $300,000 to build in 1982, and that was a LOT of money in 1982. We bought our first home in 1979 for $48,000. Our second home in 1986 cost $117,000. A home costing as much as our Newell in 1982 would have been a quite extravagant. That Newell has survived, and mostly thrived since 1967 is mute testimony to good management, and knowledge of their niche market, and how to respond to it.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com