You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AC puzzler

Well we now have 45 degree air!! I told the whole story to everyone at Newell. When they first started it up it ran fine (on the outside). Then head pressure suddenly bumped way up. They thought the brand new compressor must have been bad so they put in a new one under warranty. They are the best at backing up their parts and service! Still not working right. Next vacuate the system again and cut out the "patch" in the discharge line. It was clearly blocked with solder. You can not blow through it, but N@ does seem to get past it but that is definitely under more pressure than just trying to blow through it. After putting new dryer/filter in and recharging system, things are once again great.

Good to see you have cold air again. Of course with the front that moved through the Austin area, warm air would be nice.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congratulations on getting it fixed! I had a similar issue with my car but took a different route.

[Image: ac-500-ghetto_ac-57wtmk.jpg?w=500&h=362]

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad