You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mountain view in creeds Colorado..

Can you drive atv's from the park to the trails? I know you can't ride them in creede, but didn't know if there was a trail around town if you are trying to get to the trails from park to north of creede..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

marc, if you are going clear to creede, you better stop by and see us too....

plenty of places to ride in the desert here.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Marc, there is a trail that follows from the campground along the river to a parking spot on the edge of town. A bit of a walk but doable. Also along that same trail just before you get to the highway cross the airport road and follow that trail along the highway north. You'll see where it crosses the highway and from there there are a few nice trails up in the mountains. Don't remember the name of the scenic drive from Creede to the mines but you end up on that road.
Enjoy!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

We are considering Mountain View in Creede, CO this summer for a month. I MUST have quality internet and cell phone service. Reviews say spotty, the park personnel say good. Anyone have any first hand experience?

I need:
- Verizon Cell Phone service
- AT&T LTE data service

Also, did you stay on park or resort side? The resort side has fiber optics, but none of the park rentals are wired for internet. Private rentals maybe, but I have not found any online, although the park agent said 5 people rented their resort lots last year.

Any help appreciated
Mike

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

It was 4 years ago so things may have changed. We rented site #286 on the resort side and the owner had dedicated wifi that was separate from the campground. I think it may have been shared with the lot next door. I don't remember doing a speedtest but it was fast enough to stream video. It did go down occasionally but that is probably because of the remote locality.
Sorry but don't remember how the cell signal was, I know we used the phones and had both att & Verizon + a Wilson amp.
We rented this site through the campground office and chose it mainly because of the internet. They may have other sites available with dedicated internet. But I would call soon since they book up fast.
Creede is a beautiful campground right on the river. Lots to do in the area, great atv/jeep riding. Try and see one of the plays in town.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

(02-08-2018, 03:11 PM)folivier Wrote:  It was 4 years ago so things may have changed.  We rented site #286 on the resort side and the owner had dedicated wifi that was separate from the campground.  I think it may have been shared with the lot next door.  I don't remember doing a speedtest but it was fast enough to stream video.  It did go down occasionally but that is probably because of the remote locality.
Sorry but don't remember how the cell signal was, I know we used the phones and had both att & Verizon + a Wilson amp.
We rented this site through the campground office and chose it mainly because of the internet.  They may have other sites available with dedicated internet.  But I would call soon since they book up fast.
Creede is a beautiful campground right on the river.  Lots to do in the area, great atv/jeep riding.  Try and see one of the plays in town.
Thanks Forest. We talked with the office, and at this time have 2 Resort lots for rent but no internet. They did say there were 5 owners that rented their lots last year but not heard from them this year yet. Do you think the AT&T and Verizon cell service was due to your Wilson amp, or do you think they would work w/o one?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model