You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My inverter fried today

Perfect. I plan to mount mine the same way, but the Xantrex is mounted vertically, with all wiring exiting toward the floor. With the Magnum wiring facing the passenger side, the a/c connection box opening is at the top and in will have to be wired in advance because access in not practical. I plan to pre- wire for the installer using stranded cables and male and female 30 amp plugs on the ends. Also I have determined that my Xantres has only a single a/c cable in and a single out. Richard, thanks for your imput and I may be calling you to help me with the settings if the installer is not familiar with the instructions. Again, thanks Richard.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Richard, in the A/C compartment of the Magnum, there is a neutral and a ground that are connected. The manual says that in some circumstances, they should be disconnected. I thing this relates to stationary applications where codes require the disconnection. They are connected at the factory and apparently connect the neutral and ground in the inverter. Do you know if your is connected? If you know, please call me at 303-547-5810. Hopefully being installed tomorrow.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica