You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

365 front tire wheel change

Has anyone put 365 on the tag good or bad?

365s on the tag seem like a good idea until you consider what will happen if you get a flat. Since the 365s are kinda rare it is unlikely that you will find them nearby. That could leave you stranded. IMHO.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Ron Skeen did, and then removed them. Another way of looking at it was the 365 on the tag could provide a spare for a front tire issue. You could chain the tag up and use the tag tire wheel on the front to get you off the road.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Not sure what lugs I have not picking up the coach till end of the week . Should have 7/8 lugs but if you get a flat on the front with 365 and there hard to come by not sure if this is how I will go . Going to weigh the coach when I pick it up will post weight .

I have converted to 365, and I am aware of the time to time tire shortage. More coaches every year are using the 365s and I am hoping that will encourage Michelin to adjust inventory targets.

My strategy if I get a flat and no 365s are available is to buy a wheel and tire of 11R24/5 or equivalent to get me off the road and to a safe place until I can locate a 365. Is that perfect, no. But it is my plan B.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Just sold my stacker trying to cut down on the overall length. I only have one slide up front I can see Newell installing bigger tires because over the years they have added so much more weight with 4 slides and heavier flooring the one thing that I am not sure on is the lug conversion. Hub pilot with 7/8 studs. Or 1 1/8 bud . Changing without hubs do the wheels ride on the center of the hub ? Or just set on the lugs.

Roger,

If you have 7/8 studs, you are good to go.

If you have 1 1/8 Budd, you have to replace the studs with 7/8 because Alcoa does not make a rim with 1 1/8 holes to fit the 365 tire.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Yes but I was wondering if the hubs should be changed the budd style wheel is centered with the lug nuts where the 7/8 style is centered with the hub

All of the info I have is that folks doing the conversion have not changed hubs, just studs. I understand about hub vs stud centering.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

It was my understanding from several years ago that with a few exceptions (approx. #450-#458 have an incompatible lug spacing), coaches #443-696 (except 671, 681, 685) did not need new hubs. Coaches 671, 681, 685 and 697-775 needed wheel hubs and fender modification, and 779-1229 need wheel hubs and somewhat more extensive body modifications.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com