You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

365 front tire wheel change

Thanks Michael !

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(03-08-2018, 04:49 PM)Deper10 Wrote:  
(03-08-2018, 03:37 PM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Dario, just curious but did you get your price through the Michelin Advantage program?

Yes

I keep seeing "Michelin Advantage" on the blog, but when I looked it up, it was for small fleet operations and owner/operators.  Do recreational vehicles fall under one of these categories.  The sign up requires a business name; what did you do about that?

Paul & Jane McCullough

If you are a member of FMCA, you can sign up. I used it the FMCA Michelin Advantage program on the last set of tires I bought. I did not have to use a business name, just went through the process outlined in the FMCA program. You sign up before fairly close to the time you will be buying the tires.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Joined FMCA, researching now. Does anyone know what the tire specs are on the 98 2 slide models. I told a dealer what tires were on the rig now (Michelin XZEZ 11R24.5) and he seemed very surprised. This dealer has a good local reputation. Everything I know about tires this size could be put in very large print on the back of a postage stamp. I can handle SUV and picup tires, but this is beyond me.

Paul & Jane McCullough

I understood that Newell switched from 11R24.5 to 315/80R22.5 on the front axle only as of July 1, 1995. The rear and tag tires remained 11R24.5 through the early 2000 year models when they switched to 315/80R22.5 all around. Starting with coach #443, MOST, could get the front tires/wheels upgraded to 365/70R22.5. The VIN plate should show which size tires your coach was built with.

Newell had great luck with Bridgestone and Goodyear tires in the 11R24.5. When the change to 315/80R22.5 occurred, Newell found that the Michelins gave better service and had a voluntary recall in 1999 to retrofit all Bridgestone and Goodyear 315/80 steer axle tires with Michelins in the same size. This applied to all coaches built from 7/1/1995-9/30/1999. Newell started putting Michelins 315/80R22.5 on the front axle from the factory 10/1/1999.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Paul, I would encourage you to weigh the coach if you haven't already, and if you can safely do so on the current tires.

My non- slide coach was right at the weight limit of the 11R24.5 tires on the front, so I installed Michelin 305 75R24.5 tires upfront on the steer axle. The 305's offer a significantly higher weight limit, giving me some safety margin and peace of mind. They also fit on the original 8.25" wide wheel.

More than likely your 2 slide coach is heavier than mine. I would think you might benefit from the extra weight capacity, but weighing the coach is the only way to know for sure what tires are appropriate.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

My recently purchased 2004-701 coach appears to has 365-70-22.5 tires.
Is this thing I have to replace every 3 years? I heard some people moves their old front to back (tag} and keep using for a few more years before retiring them. Is that common?

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Your tag has 315s on it so that wouldn’t work.

Joe, when replacing your 365s, contact Dave Ward of National Tire Concerige Service at 321/6 zero 7 -two 265. He is a Michelin reseller, not a dealer or warehouse. He can find the extremely hard to find 365s when dealers say they have noneand do not expect to receive any.

New tires from Dave are less than FMCA which is less than retail, have a 3 year road hazard wheel and tire warranty and will be shipped to where ever you are located.

Call Dave and get the details. Excellent servcie for sure.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I'll second Dave and Wendy at NTCS. Service is great and as a side benefit you can buy your car tires from them as well. From what I could see they were better than TireRack when I last checked.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO