You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fix for Inverter/Charger

For your Info, if your inverter stops taking the 12 volts and making 120 volts. you might need to check the 300 amp. fuse that's near the inverter/charger. My charger was still working, but the inverter wouldn't invert. IN order to check the fuse you need to remove the two nuts that hold it, and remove the fuse. Now you can test for continuity. If you leave it hooked up it can give you a false reading, as it may have bleed back from both sides. Mine was blown when I had the batteries replaced. I found the only one in Tulsa for about $45. I hope this helps someone, it took me a couple of days to figure it all out. 

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

My house batteries have two positive cables exiting and one negative cable. Does the 300 amp fuse go on the negative or positive terminal? Presently I have one on the negative and one on one of the two positive terminals.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I have one in each battery bay that's on the neg. lines. But the one next to the inverter has a red line on the top of the fuse and a black line on the bottom of the fuse.

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon