You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AquaHot guage is reading LO

When plugged into proper 50 amp (240 vac) shore power, the amp draw will jump about 37 amps on electric, if my memory is correct. That means both the 120 and 240 vac elements are drawing current. If the amp jump is only 14 or 15 amps, then the 120 vac element is drawing current but not the 240 vac element.

If the 50 amp shore power is not a 240 vac but rather a single leg 120 vac connected to the two leg input to the coach, the 240 vac will not work. Same as being plugged into 30 amp 120 vac shore power.

If the very unlikely situation is a failed 240 vac element, no current draw either.

I there is no current draw at all, the high limit thermostat may need to be reset, the relay may not be locking in or both elements are bad (not very likely but possible). The relay must conduct both legs to the heater, so if only one leg is bing conducted there will be a lower or no amp reading.

I check amp draw of the elements with a clamp on amp meter after I verify power is being supplied to the elements.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

what makes you thibk you need to replace your heat exchangers? they are very simple and are just a small radiator core with a fan. the fans are easily replaceable and the only reason for changing the core is if it is leaking beyond repair

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

My heat exchangers have a long squirrel cage fan on the back that is VERY noisy. Part of the problem is that it makes the whole unit jump up and down. I have ripped all the surrounding shelving apart and added some rubber under and around the units but they still rattle (and are a pain to pull out). I would just rather get some new ones that won't rattle for a few years... If there is an easy way to fix these then I am for it... Can I just clamp off the hoses going in to the heat exchangers so they don't leak everywhere?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

If you wish new fan coils, contact Roger Berke. He can suggest the quietest ones and ship them to you the same day you order before noon -- roger.berke at gmail dot com

Roger was with us Spearfish and is the ower of the Aqua Hot Forum

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area