You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ruidoso Motorcoach Ranch!!

We have found THE most gorgeous place to stay in Ruidoso, NM! This place is new and the owners, Lisa & Jimmy are two of the finest people you will ever meet! This resort has been and is a labor of love for them and believe me you will fall in love with your surroundings in this park!  They are open year round so come on out for your Fall travels! You'll feel like you are in heaven as you sit outside your coach in your Texas sized iron rocking chair next to your coach-side fire pit over looking views that go on forever!  We were only planning to stay a couple of days but just might not leave at all!  Their website is: www.RuidosoMotorcoachRanch.com

Jim

Looks really nice!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

If you find the time try the Fort Stanton-/Snowy River Cave, less than 10 miles northeast of where you are at. Also the White Oaks gold/silver area is just 30 miles north (if you like old, old ghost towns)

Mike Stephenson
Lubbock, Tx
1999 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2004 MB Cruiser

We just made reservations for a month at Ruidoso Motorcoach Ranch. We are excited!

It appears that some Newells have had issues dragging when pulling into their park. Lisa, sent me an email below...

"In our first season, when we had the first Newell rally, we had almost all of them drag in the driveway. The Newell coaches sit really low to the ground, and so as you are coming into our drive it has got quite a steep incline, slow down and hit it at a good angle so that your coach will not drag in the back. Thanks, Lisa"

Is there room to stop and raise the coach before hitting their driveway? Any other suggestions?
I worry a bit about taking at an angle for twisting the coach.

Thanks
Mike

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

hi mike,

i have been there twice. it is about the nicest place you will ever stay and jimmy and lisa are incredible.

the biggest issue was leaving the place. when we leave we stop at the bottom of the steep driveway before entering the highway. raise the coach all the way up then slowly turn onto the highway, pull over and go to ride height before going any further. there should be room going in to do the same thing.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(07-24-2018, 11:39 AM)encantotom Wrote:  hi mike,  

i have been there twice.  it is about the nicest place you will ever stay and jimmy and lisa are incredible.  

the biggest issue was leaving the place.  when we leave we stop at the bottom of the steep driveway before entering the highway.  raise the coach all the way up then slowly turn onto the highway, pull over and go to ride height before going any further.  there should be room going in to do the same thing.

tom

Thanks Tom, that was the advice I was looking for! Lisa said just hit it at an angle and we would be OK, I like your method better. We are really looking forward to staying there, heard so many good things, and sorry we did not make the rally there but work is just now decreasing and free time is increasing!

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

Hi Mike ~

I'm glad that Tom responded to your inquiry. You are going to fall in love with this heavenly place and Lisa & Jimmy are definitely God's caretakers!

We were so in hopes of being able to return but it was not to be. Jim lost his battle with heart disease and passed away in December. We had twelve great years of travel in our Newell's and met the most wonderful people along the way. I do hope you take advantage of your free time, as you stated, and enjoy it while you have it. I am grateful and also have enormous sadness that our love filled journey came to an end.

Enjoy your stay and say hello to Lisa & Jimmy for me.

Rose Arriola

Rose, I am so sorry to hear that you lost Jim. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(07-25-2018, 03:26 PM)jrarriola Wrote:  Hi Mike ~

I'm glad that Tom responded to your inquiry.  You are going to fall in love with this heavenly place and Lisa & Jimmy are definitely God's caretakers!  

We were so in hopes of being able to return but it was not to be.  Jim lost his battle with heart disease and passed away in December.  We had twelve great years of travel in our Newell's and met the most wonderful people along the way.  I do hope you take advantage of your free time, as you stated, and enjoy it while you have it.  I am grateful and also have enormous sadness that our love filled journey came to an end.

Enjoy your stay and say hello to Lisa & Jimmy for me.

Rose Arriola

Rose, thank for sharing not only about Lisa and Jimmy at RMR, but more so about your precious time with Jim and your years of travel together. Life on earth is indeed short but eternal thereafter. May God give you comfort in your days ahead, and as Michael said let us know if we can help in any way.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

Arrived Wednesday, no problems with dragging on driveway. We hit at an angle no problem. Wow, this is a beautiful park, with everything done first class. Jimmy, Lisa, Wally, and John are all terrific. I highly recommend this park. Also, Lots to do in the area. Today, we visited the White Sand National Park. We lived in Destin, Fl for 11 years so we have seen white white sand, but this is on steroids, and in the middle of the desert. Very fun and interesting.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn