You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Replacing Thermostat - Internet capbable

That's what I thought but this one has what looks like a hinge on top but maybe it's just an indent to hold the cover on... Will try to find a picture online to see how it is removed...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Reviving this thread to see if anyone came up with a solution for a wifi enabled thermostat that would work with SCS.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Like Brad, I am also curious about some connected solutions. 

In light of Andrew Steele's fire, it would be nice to use something like a Nest system that can incorporate CO and Smoke detection with a remote alert to my mobile phone in case I leave my pup in the coach (as Shea mentioned in their latest video). 

I have two original old Honeywell thermostats that I think are really ugly (see pic).  Then there's the main panel controlling the ACs and the furnaces.  I'm not real confident on how all these interact with each other.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

Typically those Honeywell thermostats were used for the toe-heaters.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I have one in my half bath for an Aquahot Heat exhanger/fan (Zone 2)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Hi Michael - I think you’re right. So are those stand alone electric heaters?

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

Yes, on my coach there is one under the couch and one under the bathroom counter. My other thermostats are combination heat/cool.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

No two Newells are alike.

I would test those thermostats to see what they actually triggered.

Michael has a different heating system than you do.

For example on my coach, I have two of those Honeywell analog tstats. There is one in each bathroom. They control an Aquahot powered heat exchanger in the bathroom only. You may have a setup different than that.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )