You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cesana Curved Shower parts list

attached is the parts breakdown for the curved shower enclosure that some of us have.  

the parts are very very expensive.  

newell also sells a CNC homemade lexan locking piece that you hang over the door to lock it so it wont move while driving.  i will take some pictures and post when i can.  15 dollars each.

tom

Attached Files
.pdf 072x Circle cesana shower door.pdf Size: 54.95 KB  Downloads: 337
.pdf Serie Circle_Radius_spare parts2.pdf Size: 196.64 KB  Downloads: 304
.pdf Circle cesana shower door.pdf Size: 720.15 KB  Downloads: 219
.pdf cesana shower enclosure assembly instructions.pdf Size: 884.51 KB  Downloads: 227
.pdf 2008 cesana shower parts price list.PDF Size: 22.6 KB  Downloads: 234

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Here is the plastic thingy.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Dumb me, I had difficulty attaching the plastic lock from the inside of the shower. Jan showed me that it attaches correctly from the outside. Now it works great.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

when chuck at newell handed me the plastic lock piece i went to the coach and couldnt see how to use it. one of the guys came in and made me look like the neophyte i am...

i bought two and use them both. i keep the door in the open position when driving now using the locks.

tom

Has anyone found a source for parts at reasonable prices. I am needing the plastic insert that the door roller roll on. Newell price at  400 which I hope can be duplicated or substituted. Thanks

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Thanks for the information!!! 
Our door scrapes on the round bar at the top where the roller ride - it scrapes between the sliding door and the rounded piping;  There is a nice mark where the scraping has worn the paint off - it still works, it's just annoying and difficult for my wife to open/close without knocking it off the tracks.  Any idea how to fix this (besides grease)?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

There are three fixes....none of which is entirely satisfying. There are adjustment screws at the top of door inside the little round thingy. (Look at Tom's document at top of thread for instructions). The other fix is to use force to bend up on the round frame above the doorway. The Newell guys started to do this to mine, but I stopped them because it looked like something was gonna break.

I adjusted the allen screws and it helped, but did not completely solve the problem. I have not gotten a straight edge out to see if the rod has indeed been bent down. (I can imagine someone hanging clothes on the rod and bending it.

The final solution would be the most expensive. I know a guy that had Newell take out the round shower and replace it by building a square shower like the new coaches have. At first I thought....that would be stupid expensive, but upon reflection....Many folks have done bigger DIY projects to their coaches. This would be a fun project to witness!

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I have done two things to my shower door to solve the problem. First, place a straight metal bar (like a yard stick) across the top to see if the center round piping is level with the fixed piping. Mine was not and I placed two straps at the edge of the piping, placed a 2 x 4 between them and used a small jack to straighten the pipe. Somewhere on this forum are photos showing how to do this. Secondly, I found that the rollers were slightly worn and would not allow full adjustment. This was solved by installing new rollers. Now it rolls perfectly. I think it is important to travel with the door open and secured with the thingy shown above. Traveling with it closed puts too much weight on the piping. Hope this helps.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

i thought my round piece above the opening was bent, so i took the shower apart so i could rebend it. what i found was the pipe was not bent down as i thought from someone hanging on it. the fancy connectors that went inside the pipes to connect them together were torqued. as i reassembled it, and got them in straight, it became ok.

just my experience and everyones may be different.

with the parts so crazily expensive, i think a guru ought to go to italy and to the factory and pick us up a group buy of parts cheap.

tom

So heeding the advice here I went and pushed up a little on the round pipe as I slid the door closed.  Sure enough you could see the front roller push outwards.  As I pushed harder the roller pulled back into alignment.  I pushed the door back opened and then pushed hard on the round bar (not too hard) and it moved.  Now the door rolls freely.  I probably need to tighten up the screws and order one of the plastic things to hold the door open when traveling (or use a zip tie to hold it open and not move).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40