You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2001 #581

Jon K,

That wasn't a reflection on you, but a heads up from someone that made that mistake...me. My first motor home was a Fleetwood and there was no amount of work that could be done on it to make it anything else than the POS that rolled off the assembly line. I always wondered when I was looking why there are so many low mileage motor homes for sale. I learned the hard way, there was nothing enjoyable about driving it. Noisy, uncomfortable, bad handling, cheap, poor construction...

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Back for sale $174,500

link added
http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/new...-45--C2039

Jeff
2001 Marathon XLII Prevost
Selling stuff to hit the road

Hello to all of you Gurus out there. I am new to this site and have learned a great deal about Newell coaches. My wife and I are going to be looking at this coach, #581, and are very interested in it. I do agree that the shower is very different but the coach looks fantastic and my wife loves it. This will be our first Newell and if anyone has any additional information on this unit, previous owners, any other issues you see, etc. I would appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks
Dario and Andrea Perini
I

(08-06-2017, 03:15 AM)Deper10 Wrote:  Hello to all of you Gurus out there. I am new to this site and have learned a great deal about Newell coaches. My wife and I are going to be looking at this coach, #581, and are very interested in it. I do agree that the shower is very different but the coach looks fantastic and my wife loves it. This will be our first Newell and if anyone has any additional information on this unit, previous owners, any other issues you see, etc. I would appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks
Dario and Andrea Perini
I

Hello Gurus. Well we did it, we purchased #581 last week from MOT and drove her home to So Florida via the Smoky Mountains, wanted to catch a little Fall color, a total of around 1,500 miles. The coach drove great but we had a couple of minor issues, one left us on the side of the road but Robert at Newell had me up and running in minutes, great tech support. However, true to Newells, I do have an issue with the HWH air system not functioning correctly but believe I will have it figured out soon. This site has been so helpful in gaining information about these beautiful coaches and I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting many of you in the future.

Dario and Andrea Perini
#581  2001 double slide (hidden shower)

Welcome to the group and the Newell way of life! Remember that Newell also has after-hours support - I believe their service is closed on Friday but parts are open(?)... after-hours service is invaluable and they return calls pretty quickly. Get roadside assistance if you are traveling much (we have CoachNet and they are good).

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Congrats Dario and Andrea. You have a very unusual coach with that hidden shower.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congratulations.

If you don't get the HWH air issue figured out, then post the issue in the appropriate technical section.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

looks like a cool coach. i dont quite get the shower set up.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(11-03-2017, 06:05 AM)pairodice Wrote:  Welcome to the group and the Newell way of life!  Remember that Newell also has after-hours support - I believe their service is closed on Friday but parts are open(?)...  after-hours service is invaluable and they return calls pretty quickly.  Get roadside assistance if you are traveling much (we have CoachNet and they are good).

Thanks for the advice, we have roadside but will look into CoachNet, have not heard of them.