You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2016 Newell Gurus Rally Proposal

Howdy Gurus

I have a proposal on when and where for our 2016 Rally.  

I propose we hold it at the  www.RuidosoMotorcoachRanch.com   Ruidoso, NM is a beautiful place.  

I have been talking to the owners and it seems like a fantastic place.  We have also had one of our gurus stay there and love it.  

I am proposing the rally to be in late May.   Starting Monday May 23rd running to Friday May 27th.  that is the beginning of the Memorial day weekend, so if we do it, Darlene and I  will likely stay longer than Friday.  

They have basically the entire park available (around 28 spots) that week.  It is a little more expensive than previous parks and they would offer us 15% off their normal rate (either daily or weekly).  Weekly is $575 minus 15%.  

I know it is not in the exact center of the Gurus location in north america, but it is in a beautiful area.

Nothing is set in stone.  weather is typically in the low 70's day and 40's nite that week.  

at this point i am just assessing interest, so it is not final yet.  

please let me know if you think you would attend?

thanks

tom mccloud

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sounds good for me Tom.  I love NM and would plan to attend.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I fixed the owner's Aqua Hot heater. Talked to him this afternoon. He and his wife would love to host the Gurus. He said he would be happy to arrange for anything we might want or need.

I will attend.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Sounds good to me.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Tom,

Have you set a date yet?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

richard, it is in the first post

Starting Monday May 23rd running to Friday May 27th

tom

Sorry for the redundant question. I was checking on the "nothing is set in stone" aspect.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Looks like a nice place. Cindy and I'll start looking for a cabin to rent and if nothing comes up we'll plan to attend.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I like Ruidoso, have been there many times, and the area is interesting with much to do. I hope there are open spaces without a lot of trees so that we can get Directv signal. Also, I would prefer dates in June and plan to stay several weeks.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

there have been 120 views of this topic. about 6 of us said we would likely attend. i will need to know if more of you are interested or not. i would sure like to fill the park with gurus. that would take 28 or so of us

if you think you might attend, please say so. no commits, just trying to see how many of us might attend.

tom