You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Blowout!

Clarke, Ain't this a trip!

I am thinking that I may want to increase the tire pressure since yours was built after ours! This does answer that question.
Thanks for your help.
'89, I'll have to look into that after I get home. Love's stated that they would not give any other discounts and I am stuck out here in the desert. I bought one new Michelin for now & after I get home I can be a little pickier. Thanks!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Both our coaches have a GVW of 34,000 lbs.....it's so odd that they recommended essentially 20 lbs. less per tire for yours.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Here is the tag on our 84

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Thanks Todd, but this makes me even more curious about tire pressure. Considering the size and axle weight difference our tags are closer than Clarke's. I am thinking a talk with Michelin is in my future.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, looking at the Michelin Tire Load and Inflation Tables, the 11R24.5 G tires have a lightly higher load carrying capacity at 85 psi than the 11R22.5 G tires.  With 11R22.5 G's you would be right on the edge at 85 psi (10,440 front and 19,800 rear) while the 11R24.5 G tires would have a little extra capacity on the front (11,100) and quite a bit on the rear (21,040) based on your GAWR's.  So running the 11R22.5 G's I would definitely increase the air pressure.

http://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference...-tables/#/

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks Michael! I didn't pay attention to his wheel size on the VIN tag...even more curious that the brothers would have different wheel sizes, anyway mine are 22.5 wheels so that is what I am working with.
I looked at the chart this morning and saw the load rating per pressure. I also noticed that 105psi was maximum for the 11R22.5 in the G rating. I am considering to go up to 95psi since this would be above the minimum pressure but below the maximum pressure.
Good news is that I have a replacement tire for the one that lost it's tread. The tires in Quartzsite were a year on the shelf and Indio is a few hours away but I found one tire outside of Lake Havasu City (only a mere 1 hour & 15 minutes away) that was a couple of months old (the other was almost a year on the shelf and ten days to order some) so I had it installed and we are now good to go.

(11-27-2015, 07:17 PM)89classic Wrote:  Don't forget about the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program. It is well worth it and should also save you over $1,200 for 6.

Thanks for the "heads up" on this! won't save as much as you thought but should be around $400.00 and that is closing in on the price of another tire (@ $529.76 each in the Advantage Program), well worth the extra steps!
I just ordered the new tires and should be back in town 1st of the week...then a short 1 hour drive to a participating dealer to get them installed.

***Update on the Michelin Advantage Program--this is through FMCA but you need to ensure that the Tire Dealer that you go to is registered with Michelin as part of the program. You will then need to register a credit card for the single purchase with Michelin--They also asked me for the MSPN or stock number and confirmed that the dealer was in the program. I will then pay Michelin direct for the tire with that credit card registered and the dealer will be paid direct for the labor & Parts that are used. I will be upgrading my Valve stems to a newer style in all of this.