You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What to do when your whisper heaters quit

I'll take one, just in case I ever buy a newer coach Smile
999 fans in Tom's garage,
998 fans in Tom's garage,

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

keep singing forest.

i tried to get that whisper heater out in the mid bath and i am evaluating if it is worth it right now. cramped quarters and the hoses are not coming off so i might have to cut them and one cut leads to another....ha

i might button it up and play with the ones i can access better first.

i found whisper fans i am going to order for the double fan ones.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Well I thought it was my time. Here at Steve Magowns, got a few things done with his help. Then the heater under the credenza quit blowing. The kitchen heater was still blowing so I knew that aqua hot zone was working. After checking all fuses I was ready to pull the unit and change out the fan motor. But I decided to re-read the posts and something about Bill and the fan speed switch on the wall got me thinking. So I pulled the middle connector and the wire just pulled off! AHAA! Changed out the connector and it works!
I love easy fixes.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have a question !!!!! All the fans seem to be working correctly in kitchen, bed, and bath but no warm air .... I have hot water and I did checked under AH bay and the hoses coming from the top of system are hot on one side, I've taped on the valves but still no heat "maybe i'm not giving it time to heat the exchanger" how long is normal for heat to emit for the vents

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

Billy,

It doesn't take long at all. I would check two things in the Aquahot bay. The first is the check valves. You said you already banged on them with a persuasion tool. The second is the three pumps that circulate water to the heaters. Are they turning? You might could feel them vibrate, or if you have a DC current voltmeter see if they are pulling amperage.

Did this just start? Or has the coach been sitting for a while? I am trying to determine if something failed and you no longer have heat OR if this is a problem that may have occurred while the coach sat for a while.

Check all the fuses on the AH panel too.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Billy,

If you have the three zone pumps lined up facing out to the side of the coach, those do not self prime. If they loose prime, they can be running but not pumping hot coolant to the zone. To prime them, have heater tank lipping full, zone pump running, connect a radiator pressure tester to the radiator filler neck and pressurize it to 15 lbs.

You can send me a picture of your pumps if you like and you can call me Tuesday during the day and I will be glad to assist you sorting this out.

Rudy 7 one 3 8 one 8 3234 or jrlegett at gmail.com

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Thank y'all for the info I will look at it and see on the pumps, we have never tried the heaters its been setting just under a year for us not sure how long it set before we got it ....

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659