You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Old Duo Therm

The duo therm under the sofa quit producing heat ,everything else seems to be working, the several seconds delay at start up and it runs the fan a minute or so after turning down the thermostat (as if it was a cool down mode)
I took the furnace to an old time RV shop and they refused to work on it saying they are problamatic ! They did say that a new circuit board might fix it ?
I shook out a bunch of well baked mud wasp nests ,which probably affected the performance ! Any Ideas ?

Don & Linda
1987 Newell Classic 40 foot tag axle, silver 92 Turbo Ddec1
Coach #146

I changed out a couple circuit boards on my suburban furnaces in the 77 coach. The rv shop had a test setup for testing the boards.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I went through my Suburban Furnaces during our first winter. Mud Daubers got into ours as well. There is a Micro Switch that tells the furnace that there is Air Flow and if restricted and/or not working will cause this problem.
I also replaced the Circuit Board with one from Dinosaur Electronics as recommended by other Gurus that corrected a similar issue. Here is a link to a recent post I made about parts;
http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=2615

PS just noticed that I need to post the part number for the Circuit Board so I will update that in a few minutes. I am also going to PM my cell # to you if you need/want to talk about this.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(11-30-2015, 08:40 AM)prairieschooner Wrote:  I went through my Suburban Furnaces during our first winter. Mud Daubers got into ours as well. There is a Micro Switch that tells the furnace that there is Air Flow and if restricted and/or not working will cause this problem.
I also replaced the Circuit Board with one from Dinosaur Electronics as recommended by other Gurus that corrected a similar issue. Here is a link to a recent post I made about parts;

PS just noticed that I need to post the part number for the Circuit Board so I will update that in a few minutes. I am also going to PM my cell # to you if you need/want to talk about this.
Thanks for the info I should give a new board a try , it's amazing how many components are on that board when there are only about 4 wires hooked up to it ? 

Don & Linda
Coach #146

The new board is much better than the older ones and not that expensive considering. Just make sure you clean out from the Mud Daubers and ensure what ever gaskets you disturb are in good condition

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(11-30-2015, 10:05 AM)prairieschooner Wrote:  The new board is much better than the older ones and not that expensive considering. Just make sure you clean out from the Mud Daubers and ensure what ever gaskets you disturb are in good condition
Hi Steve have you found that contact info and part number for the curcuit board ? Thanks Don 

Don & Linda
Coach #146

http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/

these are the guys. call them and they will help you figure out what you need. i replaced the boards in the propane furnaces in my 1990 with these.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(12-03-2015, 10:29 AM)macgyver Wrote:  
(11-30-2015, 10:05 AM)prairieschooner Wrote:  The new board is much better than the older ones and not that expensive considering. Just make sure you clean out from the Mud Daubers and ensure what ever gaskets you disturb are in good condition
Hi Steve have you found that contact info and part number for the curcuit board ? Thanks Don 

Yes, I posted it in another section, look here but you still may want to contact them to be sure;

(12-03-2015, 11:20 AM)encantotom Wrote:  http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/

these are the guys.  call them and they will help you figure out what you need.  i replaced the boards in the propane furnaces in my 1990 with these.  

tom
Thanks for the info I emailed Dinosaur Electronics and they phoned me and offered to help troubleshoot the furnace problem, once I got set up on the work bench I called them back and must have spent 20 minutes with a volt meter trying to sort things out. It seems I have a faulty sail switch and circuit board ,they even gave me a contact in Calgary where I can get the parts !
That is fantastic customer service !!

Don & Linda
Coach #146

I finally got around to ordering the dinosaur circuit board from American Rv , it works perfectly! $90 usd they wanted $220 in Alberta wow some company's up here want a little too much mark up ! I think I'll wait a while to install the furnace it's been around -30c with the wind chill lately ! Don

Don & Linda
Coach #146