You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Not a good day

So sorry to hear about this! What should we do to prevent this from happening? What happens if we are not near Newell in OK?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Just check your fan for any wobbling. Ron Skeen had had the radiator and cac changed on his bus as preventative I believe.. There are many on this site more qualified to tell you what to look for on the cac and radiator.. Bad news been without coach for a couple of weeks good news new radiator and cac.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Coach has been repaired. They test drove it yesterday. Preliminary report is it is running about 10-15 degrees cooler than it was before. I will know more when I get a chance to go pick it up. I am also keeping the old radiator.. It has some damage but holds pressure. So I guess it could be a good emergency backup

Marc Newman

Hmmmmmmm. The thermostat should control the operating temp unless it was running hot before. Should be about 196 to 204 or so. Running 15 degree cooler than that is not necessarily good. It could mean the fan is on high.

All this predicated on the coach running at normal temps before the calamity.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Could it be from running hotter before? As in the fan hub/motor getting ready to go into catastrophic failure mode.

Seemed to me that the coach under normal conditions which normally included pulling the stacker would get to about 210-212 then cool down.. To 190.. Guys at Newell said it would start cooling at about 200 go to about 180.. But no stacker behind it.. So we are talking a trip next week I will be able to report better after that.

Marc Newman