You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ramco mirrors

One of our 1991 mirrors had frozen set screws. If Kroil won't loosen it, don't twist so hard as to break an allen wrench off in the set screw!
Just simply drill the set screw out with a 1/4" bit, and then drill the hole with a 5/16" bit and retap the hole with a 3/8 x 16NC tap. Then remember to use
anti-seize on the new set screws. Ramco still sells the mirror bushings, but have upgraded them to aluminum from plastic.

On a newer coach, I'd suggest spraying with a penetrate, then remove and coat set screws with anti-seize before they become too corroded to
be adjusted.

Danny
1991 # 277

New question to old post. I had the issue with the seized set screws so I followed the instructions and drilled the out. No problem.
I ordered the new metal bushings from Ramco but I can't figure out how to get the mirror head out of the socket to install the new bushings. Any advice?
Thanks Tony

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

Tony, I just replaced my passenger side mirror, for a different reason. Semi got too close going up a steep grade and I was passing. It broke off just above the ball.

Did you get all three screws out ? Use a pickle fork, or wedge. Spray lots of rust release product into the socket. It will come out, but your trying to avoid breaking the plastic mirror housing. The mirrors can be very expensive. Just kept moving the mirror in the socket, turn, roll side to side, and the ball on the mirror and the 2 sleeves should/will release.

Good luck !

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Do you guys happen to have the model number for these mirrors, my bushings are shot and I'd like to do a full replacement? Trying to figure out what my options are for that.

- Marcus G-R

8V92TA 43.5' 1991 Newell # 258 
Toad 2009 CTS or 2010 Subaru Forester XT on a BigTex open trailer.  

(10-18-2023, 12:46 PM)Dystrakti0n Wrote:  Do you guys happen to have the model number for these mirrors, my bushings are shot and I'd like to do a full replacement? Trying to figure out what my options are for that.

Hi Marcus. Best thing to do is contact Ramco customer service. They are very knowledgeable and can help you figure out the correct part numbers. Good luck

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC