You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Color in the Ozarks

For any one looking for places to go in your Newell consider a Fall trip to the Ozark Mountains. The color this year has been spectacular. Best I've seen other than in Maine, Vermont & New Hampshire, but a lot closer for most. The Ozarks extend from s/w Missouri into the northwestern part of Arkansas. Nice thing about the Ozarks is the temperatures are normally in the 70s this time of year. Pictures really don't do it justice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

It looks spectacular. I wish i was there hanging out with you in the barn.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

A few years back (more than a decade) we were in Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire in early October. Man the colors were spectacular. Before that I had no idea of the beauty that nature gives in the fall, being from California. I went back 2 weeks later, the place looked barren and the pipes were freezing! Short lived but well worth seeing at least once in your lifetime.
PS That barn looks great and the view from it is great, you are a lucky man.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I used to go to boston once a month for quite a few years. i would sometimes take darlene or a kid and we would go out for the weekend. i loved fresh apple cider in the fall with the fall leaves....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but for Tom and Steve being from what is essentially a one to two season part of the country let me just say this. Steve is correct in that it does not last long, but there are two things you can count in when the colors come. 1. Someone has to rake up all those pretty colors off the yard. 2. Shortly after you get them cleaned up you had better get used to the color white and wearing layers of clothes.

Truly sometimes beauty is in fact in the eye of the beholder. For the others it can be a harbinger of things to come...that are cold!

I hate winter.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Sorry Flick, that is "leaping to conclusions". I live in a cabin up in the San Jacinto Mountains and in the San Bernadino National Forest. We have all 4 seasons up here since we are above 6,200'. We do have the Fall colors but not as vivid as what I saw when in Maine that year. Since most of the Trees up here are Pine, Douglas Fir and Cedar it is basically the Oaks that drop their leaves.

These were taken at the first snow one year. And yes this is why we own a Newell.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I feel your pain Steve.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

No pain just nature. That is why I found the Colors in New England so Vivid and Wonderful. Nature is Wondrous!