You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is the PERF button and how do I use it

On my Allison transmission control panel I have a Button labeled "Mode".  Right above the button I have a label "Perf".  So my question is....What is the button for and how do I use it?  I did a little research, and in general the Mode button changes the software settings in the transmission to choose different shift points.  The choice of the software changes are determined by the OEM manufacturer (Newell).

On my most recent trip, I experimented with the button.  I could not detect any specific change caused by the Perf button.  

Does anyone know what the button actually does?  

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I believe you are correct.  I researched it also and came to the same conclusion.  I can notice a huge difference in shift points under a load such as uphill.  Not so much on somewhat level ground.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

In Linux - perf: profiling with performance counters
Performance mode? Perforation mode? Police Executive Research Forum
I'm going with 'Performance Mode':
I believe it makes the transmission shift a little earlier. It makes your coach feel like a 50,000 lbs Sports Car... well, sort of...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40