You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Need new inverter

Sounds like you may have found the problem. I have found problems with the Receptacle and/or Circuit Breaker on regular occasion but we are normally but we also normally only have 30 Amp Service. I try to remember to take a look a the Receptacle before I plug in and if there is any Discoloration on the Terminals I notify the park and they typically replace it right away since it will cause other issues with their wiring etc.
Also I make sure that my Plug is in good condition with no signs of Discoloration (evidence of Arcing) typically black. I do carry a file, brush and sand paper to repair it when I find the arcing. The Arcing can create a weak connection that will cause an overload (more amperage).

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Now for the Heart Inverter, these were the state of the art at the time. The Outback is more advanced and would most likely be my choice if needed but.........I had our Heart Combi 2000 (later a called series 458) repaired earlier and it has worked for another 4-5 years since but my problem was with the charging circuit. The guy who repaired mine is no longer listed but here is a link to the authorized repair stations;
http://www.xantrex.com/contacts/authoriz...nters.aspx

My Heart Inverter uses the Freedom Remote Control Panel which is not as sophisticated as your Link 2000. I can change the incoming amperage at the panel and this helps when we are on 15, 20 or only 30 Amps.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

So, I am officially confused.

First you said the inverter was not inverting.

Then the thread moved to a condition where you lost 50 amp service. You ran the AH through the night which will absolutely kill the house batteries. Cause the thermostats tell the fans to blow, but the AH water is cold, so the fans run continuously. The fans run directly off 12VDC.

Are you sure the battery voltage on the house batteries is above the low voltage cutoff for inverter?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Sorry for the confusion Richard, the inverter is doing its job but it does not automatically switch from shore power to battery (which is very hard on my VM ESXI server computer). Along the way to (not) figuring out why it was not switching I noticed the battery charger was pulling a lot of amps and would kick off the 50 amp shore power when the microwave or AH was used.
Thanks for the advice Steve, I will look at the Outback also. We are slowly figuring out how much amperage (as close as we can figure) for each of the appliances and heating devices and which leg they are on, maybe the list I create will help someone else in the future. Maybe I should break down and read the manual for this thing (nooooo!)... This is what happens when I have a few days OFF! Tomorrow I return to work and all will be better lol.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

What is the voltage on your house bank without the charger charging? Indicated at the inverter panel and also measured with a voltmeter at the bank?

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Both banks are at 12.5volts (Merge switch is on at the dash) and Leg 1: 8.9amps; leg 2:1 amps (that is with the stove top on and most other stuff off. I need to verify these at the pedestal on the EMS but it is raining cats and dogs outside all day...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

So, you're inverter doesn't come on when you turn the AC off? or it doesn't come on fast enough to not drop the computer out?

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

With the inverter switch(button) turned 'ON' via the remote panel:
If the 110v power at the pedestal (RV Park power) drops the inverter does not switch to battery power/inversion but instead the light goes off on the panel and there is no 110volt.
I am thinking maybe I should try to have it rebuilt but it may be the remote panel at fault or wherever the 'switching' takes place. I believe it should be a fast enough switch that the computer would not notice it but not sure...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

If your inverter relay is operating properly, it should switch fast enough that most electronic devices will not notice the difference, at least it does on my sine wave inverter. When you lose 120 volt at the pedestal is there a switching delay or does it just not switch over to using battery power at all? You could try unplugging the remote at the inverter and controlling the inverter directly from the inverter to see if that solves the problem. That would isolate the problem to just the remote.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I am assuming no alarms when you query the panel.

And it worked before, right?

Sorry to ask stupid questions, but in all or our armchair help we do not know what you know.

And on my coach(same era) there is a plug and breaker box at the inverter. With the cord plugged into one plug, the inverter is completely out of the loop.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad