You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Valve BEHIND the Dupree Air operated Dump valve??

Do you have curb side dump that would empty the whole tank

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

I do not believe so.

Just the air operated one and the manual one behind.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Might check on the passengers side Rick. I thought that yours should have a curb side dump. It is most likely an air dump valve also. There should be a switch in the wet bay on the curb side and on the dash.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Negative... Only on dump I can see. I can see the waste tank behind the Aquahot in that bay, but only one air operated valve and one manual in the wet bay.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

So I finally managed to free up the manual valve (behind the main air powered Dupree dump valve. And then I hit the air dump.. Only thing i can say is, ..."wow. That was particularly nasty." I would bet that it hasn't been opened in years. Since I reconnected the upper/lower flush system on the other side of the waste tank, I flushed it for about an hour until it was mostly clear. Will do a more aggressive flush at a later date, but I was amazed at the sheer volume left in the tank even after the main valve dump process is done.

I have no idea why anyone would want to close that manual valve in the first place. If it's to let no. 2's sit at the bottom of the tank while allowing grey water to pass...that makes for poor tank evacuation.

Unless there is a compelling reason to close it... I will be leaving it open. It's a bit tough to get to and it's manually operated.

As for a curb side dump valve. i do not have one. I DO see a large sewer style plug in the side of the tank where one could be installed. There are no air lines nor switches anywhere in the aquahot bay that I can find. I guess it could have been totally removed, but usually there would be at least some evidence it was there originally. My original build sheet shows the 602.2 Option for the curb side valve unchecked.

I'll chalk it up to the Newell "one-off" method of manufacturing.

Live and learn!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Thanks for the follow up on that Rick.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Rick,
If you have washer dryer working, you can try doing some laundry with dump valves closed. Drive the coach for a while to break up and stir sludge in black tank. Then try to dump & flush.

cc,
Thanks.. washer/dryer goes in next week i hope., but I believe it's mostly flushed now. A few bags of ice in the tank will help as well. Smile

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller