You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Considering purchase of Coach 1274

Steve, thank you for the response. That does seem to be the summary after reading so many threads. It seems to me that having the annual maintenance checks done in Miami, OK is the way to go for preventative care and the only real challenge in living full time in a Newell is watching for air leaks or any compromise in the air systems.
My husband is well able and experienced in maintaining systems like what the Newell Coach offers, I just don't want him to have to work on them. I know he will, because it is in his nature to innovate and fix anything he comes in contact with that has any lacking. I am just hoping we find a Newell that offers us some time to relax. The 1274 floorplan is exactly what we are looking for, but I have concerns since it seems to have been sold a number of times.
I will continue my research and I'm sure once we are in it, going over the systems and having our inspections completed, I will calm down. Either way, they do seem to be wonderful coaches and we'll find ours this week or sometime soon.
Thank you again!
Sarah

Troy & Sarah
2009 Newell p2000i #1274
USA

The number of air leaks in a Newell can be greatly reduced by doing just one thing.............................................................replace all push in fittings with good quality DOT compression fittings.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I have passed the information on to my husband.
Thank you again!
Sarah

Troy & Sarah
2009 Newell p2000i #1274
USA

Hello All;

rHeavn, does your comment reflect on 2019 models as well?

IF, it does, should i have them go ahead and replace the all on the coach #1663 on the Newell website we are looking at?

Thank you kindly;

Lois and Tex

I've been following the saga of #1274 since its first owner used it as a mobile office. It's the perfect layout for us, with the possible exception of the small bed in the rear.
The video shot by the dealer in Oklahoma showing the delamination of rounded wall surfaces almost made me cry.
I would love to know where #1274 wound up and if she's for sale.
-Tom Gauger

Tom Gauger-Dave Snyder
'01 Monaco Exec 515 Cummins ISM
'17 Chevy Colorado Toad
Shermans Dale, PA

Last I saw of 1274 was a listing on RVTrader in January 2021. I didn't record the approximate date the listing was taken down so I have no idea of the situation since that time. You might use AutoCheck with the VIN to see at least the city it is registered in.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

As someone with an older coach that I bought with almost every cabinet and drawer delaminating, I can say that it was an easy fix using Roo Glue, blue tape, 1x2 wood strips and many clamps. I got so good at it, you would be hard pressed to ever know there was an issue.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(05-02-2022, 05:14 PM)tomgauger Wrote:  I've been following the saga of #1274 since its first owner used it as a mobile office. It's the perfect layout for us, with the possible exception of the small bed in the rear.
The video shot by the dealer in Oklahoma showing the delamination of rounded wall surfaces almost made me cry.
I would love to know where #1274 wound up and if she's for sale.
-Tom Gauger

Hi Tom! I just saw your post regarding #1274. My husband and I purchased her back in April 2021. She is wonderful! We have driven her throughout the states and really enjoy her floorplan for business and leisure. We are not planning on selling her anytime soon, but if we decide to go ahead and have one built, then I would post her sell information on this forum first or at least the link. We honestly look at other Newell coaches that are newer than #1274, but haven't seen one that beats this floorplan. We have done maintenance on her, but nothing unexpected or major and we plan to only update her as we go, so if and when we do sell; she will be well worth the investment for a new owner.

Troy & Sarah
2009 Newell p2000i #1274
USA