You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

pocket door

Does anyone know where the 12 compressor is tied into to pocket door, [i have no slides]. The 110v compressor works the door fine but the 12 volt compressor builds pressure to 60 psi and stays there, even when main pressure falls and the door stop operating.
Thanks,  Jim

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Jim,

What year is your coach? (sorry, you answered that in your introduction)

The best I remember on the 95 #390 I owned was the pocket door was NOT tied into the 12V compressor, only the potty was tied into the 12V.

I assumed (probably wrong) that Newell made the change after 95 to tie the doors to the 12V.

Does your potty work on the 12V?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-09-2016, 07:28 AM)Richard Wrote:  Jim,

What year is your coach? (sorry, you answered that in your introduction)

The best I remember on the 95 #390 I owned was the pocket door was NOT tied into the 12V compressor, only the potty was tied into the 12V.

I assumed (probably wrong) that Newell made the change after 95 to tie the doors to the 12V.

Does your potty work on the 12V?

Richard, I think you are right, potty works fine. I might try to find a way to connect the door to the 12 volt compressor.
Thanks.

Jim,
My '99 has the pocket doors tied into the 12V air compressor.  Here is how they did it.  They ran a l/4" air line from a brass block off of the 12V air compressor after the regulator--therefore the pocket doors never get higher than 60 psi.  The air line left the 12V air compressor, went through the plumbing bay over the top of the waste tank to the left side of the coach.  The line then "T"d into the two pocket door lines--one for the front & one for the rear.  The schematic in this thread will give you a visual:  http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=2674

Here is a photo of the 12V air compressor:      

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(04-09-2016, 09:55 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Jim,
My '99 has the pocket doors tied into the 12V air compressor.  Here is how they did it.  They ran a l/4" air line from a brass block off of the 12V air compressor after the regulator--therefore the pocket doors never get higher than 60 psi.  The air line left the 12V air compressor, went through the plumbing bay over the top of the waste tank to the left side of the coach.  The line then "T"d into the two pocket door lines--one for the front & one for the rear.  The schematic in this thread will give you a visual:  http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=2674

Here is a photo of the 12V air compressor:  

Thanks Steve, Got looking behind 12v compressor and found capped off 1/4 line. Took a chance and '"t" it into 12v compressor discharge before regulator. It worked! Gauge on dash reads about 60 psi [12 volt compressor pressure switch setting]. If I use the 110v compressor I get about 90 psi. 
Whole purpose of this was to allow me to use pocket door when dry camping without using generator to run 110v compressor.
On my coach 110v compressor is not on inverter..

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne