You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

electric pump by engine

I have a small jabsco type pump on rail on drivers side of engine with a solenoid valve on the suction side. Thought it might be part of the aqua-hot preheat, but does not run when preheat is on. Anybody have an idea?
Jim

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Our '92 does not have Aquahot. But it has an electric pump on driver side in engine compartment that pumps engine coolant up to the front of the coach for dash heat. We have an 8V92 Detroit.

Circulates hot water to the front for dash heat. Wish mine had that pump. The difference in dash heat is dramatic with and without the pump.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just plumb one in Richard.

Clint,

It's on the endless list of upgrades..............

Jim, if you look on the back of the Dash Hot/Cold temperature adjuster, you may find a micro switch that turns that pump on and off.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-09-2016, 02:38 PM)Richard Wrote:  Clint,

It's on the endless list of upgrades..............

Jim, if you look on the back of the Dash Hot/Cold temperature adjuster, you may find a micro switch that turns that pump on and off.

Yes, Richard I see it, looks like it makes as soon as you move lever toward warm, Thanks. Now I just have to figure out what the toggle switch between the ac controls and the fast idle switch is.

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

on my 90, there was one of those pumps by the engine frame rail AND one above the rt front headlight, right under the dash.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH