You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

alternator not working

hi rick,

i like the sound of that "gentleman" gentleman in bib overalls....ha

my alternator is the humongo 50dn oil cooled one with an external regulator. i could certainly help you with that. rewiring one with an internal regulator to external i do not know how to do. and i am like the others. i would figure out how to get the one fixed. you are welcome to come and stay at my place. i have 2 50 amp full hookups next to my shop. come and stay a few days.

i will send you an email

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Penntex test results (I think I did this correctly) and will send to Penntex on Monday - also the way I currently have the alternator wired...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Uh,  you might want to look at the wiring diagram on the PennTex site and look at your picture.
http://www.penntexusa.com/PX-32025.pdf
.pdf Penntexwiring.pdf Size: 33.67 KB  Downloads: 9

Look carefully at your blue and orange wires.

Let me make you aware of something I found on my 95 and the Penntex Alternator. Although the harness was in place, Newell did not wire it to the voltage reg as shown. I found that one of the wires deadheaded into the harness at the alt, and another one deadheaded at the voltage regulator. I don't know enough about alternators to explain how the alternator still worked, BUT it's something to be aware of IF you install a new voltage regulator.

Not sure why you switched threads on this.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(11-05-2017, 06:31 AM)Richard Wrote:  Thanks Richard, I will check it - I’m calling Penntex this morning since our trip was put off a few days - not sure why I switched threads, too much going on with closing down a home and packing up the coach... 

Uh,  you might want to look at the wiring diagram on the PennTex site and look at your picture.
http://www.penntexusa.com/PX-32025.pdf

Look carefully at your blue and orange wires.

Let me make you aware of something I found on my 95 and the Penntex Alternator. Although the harness was in place, Newell did not wire it to the voltage reg as shown. I found that one of the wires deadheaded into the harness at the alt, and another one deadheaded at the voltage regulator. I don't know enough about alternators to explain how the alternator still worked, BUT it's something to be aware of IF you install a new voltage regulator.

Not sure why you switched threads on this.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40