You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sharp R9H76 Convection Microwave

I was cooking in convection mode and it shut down completely. The breaker is on and the TV works so the circuit seems to be working. Nothing lights up on the face.
Is there a fusible link or fuse? How do I remove it?

Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

I would be very careful with the insides of a microwave oven. Super high danger levels! But, with that said, I saw that there is a fuse inside the sharp. I also saw a video online about a Panasonic where the fuse was located on the power supply board.

Before I spent any time and money on the current unit, maybe you should price out a new unit. My microwave / convection blew up when I was at Newell and they slapped another one in. I don't remember the price but it did not hurt much compared to other stuff that they were doing.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill:
Does it say where the fuse is located?
I'm wondering what secures the unit in the cabinet too.
The replacement looks to be over $400, if it is a fuse , that
would be good.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

The guy in the video took the case off of the unit and it was right there on the power supply board. Yes, it would be great if it was just a blown fuse but that usually means something else has gone amiss. Again, the insides of microwave ovens are very bad places! Many dangerous voltages and currents lurk there!

I bet you could get a reasonable repair price if you took the unit to one of the few remaining small appliance repair shops.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Steve, Mine is secured by screws underneath the cabinet.  Two screws that go into the front two legs of the microwave.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Mine was secured with screws from the bottom as well. If that unit has some age on it a fuse going bad is not uncommon. Use typical caution as you would for any electric appliance. There are components that "store" electricity that will be "hot" even if it is unplugged. It is designed to be serviced.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks everyone. The screws are underneath the front two legs. In high school, I worked in a TV repair shop. You never forget contact with the capacitors! I'll take a look and be careful while doing it. The coach is a '97 so maybe it will just be a fuse. It has low hours so we'll see.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

When you get it out, take the cover off the oven. The fuse is located on the circuit board behind the control panel. It is a piece of cake. It's less than an hour project

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The fuse was blown. Lowe's and Home Depot have them in Electrical.
It was held in by the two screws on the bottom of the cabinet going up thru
the front rubber legs under the microwave, and an "L" bracket at the back
screwed into the wall. You have to remove the filter under and to the back of
the unit. You can look up and unplug the cord while you are there.
Thanks for all the help!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Congrats! That is cool! Good job and thanks for the report...future gurus will also thank you!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama