You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I'm new to this!

Good morning all! It's a beautiful day is Northern AZ, it almost always is! My name is Matt Kightlinger. I am not a Newell owner but I am trying to help someone sell one. I work for an auto dealer and the owner of the coach is a friend of the dealer. Her husband recently passed away and she will never use it without him.

I would really apprehciate any info I could get about her coach. I know some of the basics but it seams there is a whole lot more to these things than meets the eye!

It is a 1983 and I messure 40'
Here is the VIN 1N9908272D1011002

Thank you for any and all info!
Matt Kightlinger
Courtesy Auto Sales
928 499 0406

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gurus, 

Here is link to pictures of the coach.   rvt.com

Matt,

Really pretty classic coach!  

What sort of information are you looking for?  I would think the owner would be a good source of information.  On your RVT listing, it says Prevost chassis.  That is probably not correct.  Newell builds their own chassis.  Others on here may be able to tell you the typical Gross weight.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(05-23-2016, 10:59 AM)Thanks, BillShe, unfortuitly does not know much. It was her husband\s baby. What I am looking for is anything info that would help me sell it and useful info to pass on to the next owner.I will correct the rvt listing!Thanks,Matt Wrote:  Gurus, 

Here is link to pictures of the coach.   rvt.com

Matt,

Really pretty classic coach!  

What sort of information are you looking for?  I would think the owner would be a good source of information.  On your RVT listing, it says Prevost chassis.  That is probably not correct.  Newell builds their own chassis.  Others on here may be able to tell you the typical Gross weight.

Cheers,
bill

i had a nice chat with matt this afternoon. i would enourage the guru gang to help him out as he asks questions. he is trying to do a good deed for a widow who is selling this coach through them. clearly a labor of love for the fellow who had this newell.

one of the questions was a simple one and that was how do you get the genny to slide out? i had not done it on one of this vintage so wasnt quite sure.

some help from the gang?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

On my '78 there was two bolts that went through the generator frame and the track that held it in place down near the base of the radiator. Remove the bolts and manually slide the generator/radiator out.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(05-24-2016, 05:02 AM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  On my '78 there was two bolts that went through the generator frame and the track that held it in place down near the base of the radiator. Remove the bolts and manually slide the generator/radiator out.

Thank you for that info! I checked it out last night and that was it, easy as pie...

Uh...I guess I should have mentioned that you need to remove the center section on the bumper to fully slide the generator out. You probably already figured that out though..... B-). On mine there was a connector for the exhaust pipe under the genny that had to be disconnected as well.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Yep....that's how mine works. Apparently in '84 they added/offered an air operated generator slide out, because that is what Todd's '84 has.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com