You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2016 Newell Gurus Rally Ruidoso Agenda

howdy gang,  this is about as structured as i am going to be.  things may move around as we need.  

in general, any night we are at the park will be a potluck for those that want to participate.  that has turned out best from other rallys.  tow nights dinner is provided (one by the owners of the RV park and the other by Karl Blade and Newell)

a schedule will be posted at our coach and any of you are welcome to stop by and vist anytime.  

have questions ready for Karl Blade and his team for the question answer session.  

bring any parts you want to trade or give away as well, there is a time to gab and swap

we will help anyone with problems they have.  the guru brain trust is pretty powerful.  

darlene and i along with michael and georgia day will be in ruidoso saturday mid day.  we are really looking forward to meeting those of you we already know and those we have not met yet in person.  

for those attending, i encourage you to spend as much time as you can hanging out with the gang,  you will not find a better bunch of folks anywhere.  

the park is at nearly 7000 ft and will be in the 70's at day and 40's at night.  and rain showers are common.  so the weather should be wonderful.  

Quote:Sunday afternoon.    4-7pm .   Welcome reception with light meal provided by Tom and Darlene at the Clubhouse. 

Monday.   10am. Rudy's aqua hot seminar  place TBD

Monday eve. 630.  Dinner provided by rv park.  Bring your own drinks.  Sign up for coach open houses

Tuesday.   10 am.   Newell guru gab session and parts swap time clubhouse patio.  Topic is anything newell
and bring whatever extra parts you want to swap or give away.  

Tuesday 4 to 6 pm.  Coach open houses.   Half of the coaches that sign up. You can provide light snack if desired at your coach

Tuesday 630pm.  Potluck

Wed. 9am. Conference call with Karl blade owner newell coach.  Vp general manager grant Kernan.  Vp customer service Todd dills.   Question answer session

Wed 4 to 6 pm.  2nd half coach open houses

Wed 630 pm.  Potluck clubhouse patio

Thursday 10 am.   Discussion session on the air system and finding air leaks.  led by Richard Entrekin.  

Thursday 630pm.  Goodbye dinner BBQ sponsored by newell coach at the clubhouse

Friday 630pm. Potluck

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I will have copies of Rudy's presentation on AquaHot from two years ago. Also, can we set up a specific time for a "show and tell"? For example, I can talk about how to change out an Amana ice maker, Silverleaf dash and electrification of window awnings. I can video such a session for later distribution.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Tom- Please post the following instructions-

Our physical address in 358 Airport Road, Alto, NM 88312

Our mailing address is 358 Hwy 220, Alto, NM 88312

Coming from Roswell-

Option 1, My choice because of less traffic. The road is bumpy in places the last 45 minutes of this route.

Take 380 from Roswell, it veers off to the right and splits from 70 at Hondo, NM and continues through historic Lincoln. Approximately 8.5 miles out of Lincoln turn left onto 220 (airport road) this will take you through Fort Stanton and past Sierra Blanca Regional Airport. We are approximately 7 miles from the airport. Spencer Theater (a large, white, oddly shaped structure) will be seen on left, we are exactly 2 miles on the left from the Spencer. Hint- when you pass Ranches of Sonterra on the right slow down, as you start down the hill, our entrance will be on the left.

Option 2, If You want to see the charming village of Ruidoso. There are speed bumps and traffic lights on this route.

Take 380 from Roswell and when it veers right at Hondo, NM stay left as it turns into 70. Stay on 70 all the way into Ruidoso. Turn right onto Sudderth (main street through town, you will go several miles then turn right on Mechem, again you will go several miles. (Mechem is is also hwy 48). Turn right onto hwy 220/airport road, we are exactly 2.5 miles from that intersection. As you pass Little Creek RV on the right and start up the hill, you will see white fencing, slow down our entrance is roughly a quarter mile on the right.

Coming from El Paso

Take 54 North from El Paso. At Tularosa turn east on 70 all the way into Ruidoso. Turn left onto Sudderth (main street through town, you will go several miles then turn right on Mechem, again you will go several miles. (Mechem is is also hwy 48). Turn right onto hwy 220/airport road, we are exactly 2.5 miles from that intersection. As you pass Little Creek RV on the right and start up the hill, you will see white fencing, slow down our entrance is roughly a quarter mile on the right.

Coming from Albuquerque

I-25 South to San Antonio, NM and then east on 380 to Capitan turn south onto 48. Drive approximately 12 miles and turn left onto hwy 220/airport road. We are exactly 2.5 miles from that intersection. As you pass Little Creek RV on the right and start up the hill, you will see white fencing, slow down our entrance is roughly a quarter mile on the right.

Rhonda and I are in Miami getting a slide seal replaced. If you need something from here let me know, and I will deliver.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(05-31-2016, 02:32 PM)Richard Wrote:  Rhonda and I are in Miami getting a slide seal replaced. If you need something from here let me know, and I will deliver.

How about a 2014 coach.  Looking forward to seeing you and Rhonda and my new coach in NM.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

richard,

chappell is being a little greedy, coach 1418, a 2011 is what i would like you to buy for me. it just shows i am willing to economize to save you a little money.

have rhonda take driving lessons while there and she can drive mickey and you can drive mine to ruidoso.

thank you sir

tom

richard, does that mean you are not coming to wittmann?

tom

Ok, just to show I'm NOT as greedy as you guys. I'll take either Chappell or Toms coach when Richard gives them the new one....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Seal replaced with no issues. Except my wet bay door completely delaminates from the frame and I had to reglue it before we could leave Miami. Safely parked in Mustang Run / OKC. New park on I 40 west of OKC. Right off the interstate, concrete pads and grass.Great place for overnight stop.

I tried to negotiate on the coach we liked, but we were over a million apart and I didn't think they would move that much.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-01-2016, 07:47 PM)Richard Wrote:  Seal replaced with no issues.  Except my wet bay door completely delaminates from the frame and I had to reglue it before we could leave Miami.  Safely parked in Mustang Run / OKC.   New park on I 40 west of OKC. Right off the interstate, concrete pads and grass.Great place for overnight stop.

I tried to negotiate on the coach we liked, but we were over a million apart and I didn't think they would move that much.

I am sincerely disappointed, but will recover with time.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot