You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield Shades by Magneshade

(08-14-2017, 01:49 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  Mark,

You are probably right, they have a few somewhat lighter colors, but since my coach has black paint around the windows, I went with the black one.  Sometimes its better to look cool than be cool!

bill

Maybe when i was younger i would agree, now that i am older i would rather feel cool than be cool.

Mark

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Does anyone have the Magneshade Tire shades?  I'm going to order the windshield and side windows this week, but I'm curious if anyone has their tire shades.  They look decent and they still show the rims which is nice.  Or are most people still spraying 303 or equivalent on their tires for protection?

Vinnie 

2003 Newell Coach #667, Triple slide

I have MagnaShade Tire Shades and like them just fine. I to like the open center that shows my shiny wheels.

I use Rubber Care from my friend in San Antonio that makes Wash Wax All. Rubber Care and 303 are the only tow things that I know of that is okay on tires.

All the best.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Has anyone done clear UV tint on front windows? Did it on my car and it cut down a ton on the heat that comes through. To me it cuts down on the heat just as well as the darker tint on my side windows.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Just thought I would throw my .02 in here. I made a Magnashade knock off set for the front windows using Phifertex material that matched one of my accent stripes. I have been completely amazed at how much they cut down on the heat load when parked. I was using some reflective window shades behind the glass on the inside, but the outside mounted shade is a lot more effective. I suppose the trick is not letting the heat get through the glass.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Another member of this August group of folks, had 4 pieces of 1/2 inch PVC pipe cut to the height of the windshield. He inclosed those with 1/2 inch foam pipe insulation. They were inserted between the back side of the windshield cover and the windshield providing a air gap between the sun warmed cover and the glass. Really cool on the inside of the coach.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

You do not even need to add the PVC pipe - just the foam insulators will do.        

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Has anyone seen either the tire covers or windshield cover fly off in a storm?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

My coach has been through at least three hurricanes albeit 150 miles inland and I have not had any panels fly off. I believe the key is to make sure they fit properly and dont have “bubbles” that let the wind get under.

My only issue with the Magneshades is that the inside mounted magnets will eventually fall off when the 3M VHB tape dies. Not hard to replace...but a bit of a pain.

My set is probably 5 years old and still look like almost new.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Even in temperate weather it gets hot driving our coach and that's more a concern than when we're parked.  I'm rarely without the driver AC on.  I'm just about ready to spring for a 70% transmission (legal for windshield) ceramic tint to block primarily the infrared  although it does block UVA and UVB as well.  I've had all our cars here in Tucson done with it and it makes a HUGH difference, most noticeable in the summer but also even in winter here in the sunny desert.  3M is the most recognized brand but other brands are available and can be had with nationwide guarantees.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer"