You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Glass Dash Air Sensor Hookup HELP!

Just got my Glass Dash from SilverLeaf.  Dale from SL did a nice job in building the dash and wiring harness.
My friend and I installed it after 5 p.m. today.  Everything seems to go together and seemingly work fine.  The only stumbling block we ran into was connecting the three air sensors (pic. 1).  We don't know where they go. Called Dale, he couldn't help on the phone either. We found a possible position right above the  brake pedal (last two pics.) where there may connect.  Can anyone help or suggest who could help??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237
West Central Part of Michigan

I have no idea, but three air sensors could be Master Pressure, Front Brakes pressure and Rear Brake pressure. Those are the analog gauges that I have on my coach.

I have not looked at the back of the gauges but think that the air sensors are in a separate box that in turns sends electric signals to the gauges.

So, When you took out the old dash, did you find a box with air going into it and electric wires coming out and going to gauge?

Does that line up with your way of thinking as well?

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

In the far left mechanical cluster, only a wire goes to each of the three gauges, but the wires are hard to follow. I will have to look at them with a fresh eye, see if I can tell.
Thanks for your suggestion, Bill!

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237

Heard back from Dale at Silverleaf. He marked on the photo enclosed where the current sensors are.  Just have to replace them with the ones supplied by SL sensors.

BTW, this is what  the package looked like when I received it (second photo)

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237

Very nice! Is the glass dash a touchscreen? How do you control it, set options, etc?

Cant wait to see a finished pic!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Curious as to the size of the screen.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

We just hooked up the pressure gauges. Two of the sensor plugs were the wrong size (too small). I had to get adapters for two of them. Started it up everything that could work while idling seems to be functioning.

No, it is not touch screen. It has a control pad mounted on the right hand side of the dash. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. I think it is about 8 x 7.5. I'll measure it too.

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237

Here are a few photos of my new Glass Dash:

I took for a short ride. The one thing I discovered is when the turn is on, the display goes blank. I don't think that is how it should work. When I press the "Drive" button on the control panel on the right i get the different displays like the last three pics.

The size of the display is 8.5" wide by 6.5" high.

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237

Very nice Sayed. No, the display should not blank out when the turn signal is on.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(06-11-2016, 04:03 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Very nice Sayed. No, the display should not blank out when the turn signal is on.

If I press a key on the keypad the display comes back on while the turn signal is still on. The back of the Glass Dash has four video ports for hooking up the backup and side view cameras. I just replaced my camera (back and side view) monitor. It is bigger and would rather use that instead of a possible tiny image on the Glass Dash.
I'm wondering if it switches to full screen to show the side camera? I'll to ask SL guys.

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237