You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

STERING COLUMN & SLIDE OUTS

Hi Guys,

Noticed that my steering column is about 3 to 4 inch's off to the left from the center of the driver seat.
I mostly drive with my left hand so it's not a problem. Just would like to know if other 1999 Newell's are the same way.

Having a problem extending both slides. Every thing works but the slide will not go out. The seal deflates & the pump runs as always.

So heading from the coast of Maine to Elkhart IN. to Stuarts Services for repair.

Has anyone delt with this co.?

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Mark

My steering wheel as offset on both Newell's I've owned.

On the slide out, do the yellow lights come on?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Check the hydraulic level in the first compartment on drivers side. Also may be fuses there somewhere.
Just remembered there is an override switch in that compartment also. Turn it the other way and see if that works.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Mark, I sent you a PM!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Mark,

Funny that neither slide operates. That's a clue. Did both quit at the same time? Was the last operation smooth, jerky, slow.......

Have you tried this? Turn the system off. Turn it back on and try to retract the slide instead of extend. Hold the retract button for five seconds. Does the pump come on and then shutoff? If so, try to extend.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )